New guy, quick question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Screamin!

Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Hey all, I just got my DVR and it says it needs 2 satellite connections.

My question is do you take a spliter and split the signal into 2 connections or do I need a dual head on my satellite and 2 seperate cables?

When I do a signal test, the transponders only pick up random signals, number 2, 6, 8, 10, 14, ect.....

Screamin,
DVR needs two lines,,no splitters. There is a single line solution coming but word on the street is that they don't work (yet).

Missing every other transponder signal is a symptom. All odd gone? All even Gone? Probably bad wire. Next is bad LNB. On the 101 satellite. The 110 & 119 only use a few transponders.

All transponder signals should be above 70 and 90s is most common.

More tweaking needed!

Joe

Screamin,
DVR needs two lines,,no splitters. There is a single line solution coming but word on the street is that they don't work (yet).

Missing every other transponder signal is a symptom. All odd gone? All even Gone? Probably bad wire. Next is bad LNB. On the 101 satellite. The 110 & 119 only use a few transponders.

All transponder signals should be above 70 and 90s is most common.

More tweaking needed!

Joe

I appreciate it Joe. My signal now that I have it off the splitter is all 90-96. I just need to figure out how to run the second signal in to the receiver.

You can run with just one line but you'll only have one tuner so you couldn't record 2 things at once. But it works just fine.

No, you cannot split a satellite signal like you can cable.

And yes, the signal wire solution, called FTM or SWM is alive and well and beta testing right now over at DBSTalk. Check out the threads in the "Cutting Edge" forum for details. It will probably be released sometime this summer/fall. This will allow dual tuners on just one cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts