New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i really dont understand the want/need to hd tcm/amc
many of the movies they show are 50+years old and may not benefit from hd

Old movies that were shot on 35mm film can be converted to HD. While AMC's movie content may be of little value, it's series such as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Walking Dead are in HD, and are quite popular.

bobvick said:
Old movies that were shot on 35mm film can be converted to HD. While AMC's movie content may be of little value, it's series such as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Walking Dead are in HD, and are quite popular.

Many of the old movies that have made the conversion to hd actually look damm good! Amc should have been added a long time ago!

Too bad the movies are ruined by commercials. Does AMC spring for the HD conversions or do they upconvert what they have?

Too bad the movies are ruined by commercials.

All movies on regular cable channels have commercials, that is why we have to pony up and pay for HBO, Starz, etc to get away from them.

Commercials do not bother me as long as I dvr the movie, but the editing drives me nuts.

Does AMC spring for the HD conversions or do they upconvert what they have?

Usually the studios provides the HD masters and yes most of the movies on AMC are in HD, also they don't have much older movies shown on AMC, most movies are from the last 20 years, the older stuff moved to TCM.

But the main reason for AMC HD is their TV Series, The Killing, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are considered grade A shows by the critics and getting that channel in Hd from Comcast keeps me from going back to DirecTV, that and BBC HD which D* does not offer either.

So, DO something about it ...

Talk to the people that make those choices, Let us know how that goes for ya, maybe they will add some more HD channels if someone starts actually contacting them instead of here.

Do you have contact info you can present here?

I would like DIY in hd that would be a nice add for me

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Many of the old movies that have made the conversion to hd actually look damm good! Amc should have been added a long time ago!
I agree. That way you can watch Caddyshack on AMC HD like I am right now with Dish!:D (Sorry, I couldn't help rubbing it in) Although honestly, the PQ in this movie looks very soft. More like SD zoomed than HD.

Don't have a BR player and not in a hurry to get one since I sub to all the premiums. Although when I start paying the regular price for Dish's everything pack next year, I might consider cutting back, getting a BR player, and do a Netflix thing with BR's. But until then, I'm happy with what I have right now.

Don't have a BR player and not in a hurry to get one since I sub to all the premiums. Although when I start paying the regular price for Dish's everything pack next year, I might consider cutting back, getting a BR player, and do a Netflix thing with BR's. But until then, I'm happy with what I have right now.

Of course Netflix may not have BR at that point !

Looks like they are considering going Streaming only, or maybe having Streaming being a separate package ?

All movies on regular cable channels have commercials, that is why we have to pony up and pay for HBO, Starz, etc to get away from them.

Commercials do not bother me as long as I dvr the movie, but the editing drives me nuts.

Usually the studios provides the HD masters and yes most of the movies on AMC are in HD, also they don't have much older movies shown on AMC, most movies are from the last 20 years, the older stuff moved to TCM.

But the main reason for AMC HD is their TV Series, The Killing, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are considered grade A shows by the critics and getting that channel in Hd from Comcast keeps me from going back to DirecTV, that and BBC HD which D* does not offer either.

TCM doesn't have commercials during their movies. FMC doesn't either although their library is pretty small compared to TCM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)