New HD channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jestr40

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Has anyone gotten new Comcast HD channels recently? It has been a few months now.

Here in NJ, this year I've gained TNT-HD, ESPN2-HD and UHD. We'll also be getting MHD and an HD Special Events channel on 11/15. However with the addition of those two channels, we'll also be losing INHD2 which seems like it'll be discontinued soon, so it's not that big of a deal. Also, here they now carry all the HD sports from the RSNs in the area.

Not too bad for this year. I'm still hopeful for HDNET/HDNET Movies and National Geographic HD among others. If your market has MHD, ESPN2-HD and UHD, then I doubt that you'll see much in terms of any additional additions of national HD channels. But of course things could change.

We have everything but UHD here in the Nashville, Tn area. I suspect that once we lose INHD2, we will probably get UHD, although I would rather see something else in its place. I just switched from dish and I have to admit that i'm pretty happy so far with Comcast. I did the switch from dish promo and they gave me the platinum package for $50.00 a month for a year, so I have ALL the HD channels. The on-demand HD makes up for losing the extra HD channels that I had with dish. We'll see what happens with Dish, and Comcast in the next year.

Word is that InHD2 will go dark at year's end. I would expect something to replace it. We don't have UHD, ESPN2HD or MHD but we have the rest except for a regional sports HD.

We have 20 extra west coast feeds of the premiums and VOD. I don't see a bandwidth issue as the west coast ones could be dropped to add something else since we have VOD anyway. Why they don't add the other HDs, I don't know.

However, they are dropping the west feed of Sundance to add FEARnet tomorrow. I'm hoping that's a good sign and will lead to more west feeds dropped in the future. It's the first west coast feed they have ever dropped here.

Last edited:
We lost InHD2 a month or so ago. We gained ESPN2HD and FSN-HD (only broadcasts in HD for games, otherwise nothing). We are suppose to be getting MTV-HD soon. We had UHD during tennis, but lost that too. I suspect with our new channels changes, we may get a UHD and/or HDnet.

We lost InHD2 a month or so ago. We gained ESPN2HD and FSN-HD (only broadcasts in HD for games, otherwise nothing). We are suppose to be getting MTV-HD soon. We had UHD during tennis, but lost that too. I suspect with our new channels changes, we may get a UHD and/or HDnet.

Take a look at channel 728. MHD came up this morning.

In the Fresno area, Comcast just added UHD and MHD. This brings the total to:

Local shows on ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX
PBSHD
INHD 1/2 (well, INHD2 is almost gone...)
DiscoveryHD
ESPN 1/2
TNTHD
UHD
MHD

We are finally getting there.

We just got MTV-HD in South Jersey (the old Garden State Cable franchise Comcast purchased years ago), but didn't lose INHD2... interesting...

KBHK is San Francisco's CW station......

I just realized Comcast of MN added that station. I have no idea when we recieved it, but its here now lol. We also got Fox reality today, and 236 currently says "to be announced".

231 - ABC-HD
232 - NBC-HD
233 - CBS-HD
234 - FOX-HD
235 - CW-HD
236 - To Be announced
240 - PBS-HD (TPT-HD)

I'm not sure what 236 could be...we already have all the local stations in HD, along with the local sub stations (NBC Weather plus, TPT kids, TPT-c, TPT-mn, ABC-News, along with the tube.)

236 is in the local HD area, but there aren't anymore to add lol. I'm hoping its possibly Universal HD, or perhaps the stations other areas are adding around Dec 5th such as A&E HD, National Geographic HD, but the rest of our HDs are in the 200s.

The other channels coming to Comcast are non-HD (daystar, Sitv, Fox reality (we started recieving today), and the tennis channel which wouldn't be in the HD area anyways. I'm quite curious as to what we're getting!

I just got MHD today. It replaced the soon to be defunct INHD2. Now I'm just missing Nat Geo and A&E.

210 ABC
211 NBC
212 CBS
213 FOX
214 CW
220 PBS
225 Discovery
226 INHD
227 MHD
249 TNT
250 Universal
251 CSN
252 ESPN
253 ESPN2
254 HDSE (PPV boxing)
256 HDSE (NFL)

comcast in nj

well...i live in central nj and comcast finally updated the guide to reflect the new hdse channels we got, but their labeled njof. does anyone know what that is, and why the guide has offline for the near future?

sry for the long post, but rumor has it that national geo hd and a&e hd are comin to comcast in the near future. Does that mean the national will get ngeohd and aehd, or is it going to be gradually put into place? I think we have enough bandwith in nj for those channels, but we always (well from my perspective) come near last in getting these channels...

thanks alot for all of ure help

sriram

National Geographic Channel HD in Mass.

Was surfing the guide last night and noticed 882 INHD2 was no longer there. That got me thinking, so I looked to see what else may have changed. To my surprise I spotted 821 NGCHD. Starting watching a show about animals in the womb in HD. Pretty good quality. Thanks Comcast, keep 'em coming!

I just realized Comcast of MN added that station. I have no idea when we recieved it, but its here now lol. We also got Fox reality today, and 236 currently says "to be announced".

231 - ABC-HD
232 - NBC-HD
233 - CBS-HD
234 - FOX-HD
235 - CW-HD
236 - To Be announced
240 - PBS-HD (TPT-HD)

I'm not sure what 236 could be...

What about your local MYTV affiliate - since it's right after CW, it would make sense... ;) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts