New HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey guys - confirmed with 3 sources only in Texas for now - we'll all get them "soon"....

**EDIT** - looks like Florida is now seeing the new channels as well.

Last edited:
Lifetime Movie HD ? I did not think there was such a channel going HD. Can you guys confirm...
I have been talking with a senior tech at Lifetime Networks for the past two years (yes, I sit quietly on the sofa and read while the Lifetime channels are bashing...er, I mean playing) and they have been building a huge library of HD movies (I have posts somewhere regarding this subject). LMN has been ready to go HD since last fall (see my e-mail from 9/5/2006 that I previously posted below) and they have had the LMN HD channel uplinked since early December 2006 - see this AVSForum thread.

Anyway, I knew this channel was going live for the past few months, but I didn't know the exact date nor it's availability. I didn't post since nobody seemed to care...oh, and the shame of being a being labeled a "Lifetime" husband.:rolleyes:

Although I could be wrong, I would be very surprised to see this channel come to Dish Network anytime soon due to the big Dish Network/Lifetime Networks spat during January 2006. However, I can tell you that LMN HD won't be stretch-o-vision like TNT HD. I have been told they have a great deal of Lifetime Original movies and series that have been transfered to HD.

09-05-2006 3:44:42 PM

"Thanks for your note. There's been no official announcement as of yet, but please rest assured that we are working on plans for this HD channel, and you'll be hearing about them relatively soon. You'll be able to share your HD viewing experiences in both Sports and Lifetime Movies before long..."

i am home right now and don't have them. i will reset the box to see if that pulls them in.

Checked when I got home and they were there. And THEY LOOK GREAT! Every program I saw on Food was in HD (1080i) and so were the commercials. this is what I am taking about!!:D

Now, how about Spike, please please please.:D

i have them. the good thing is that our family watches a ton of food tv and hgtv. lifetime will not get much viewing. picture looks just as good as the other hd channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)