NEW HD Local Channel -MY HD9 Available Thursday September 14, 2006

MergaTroy6

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Effective Thursday, September 14, 2006, My9 HD (formerly WWOR HD), will be available in all service areas (except Litchfield and Woodbury Spectrum) to customers who have a high definition (HD) iO digital converter or a CableCARD equipped digtal cable ready HDTV. My9 HD will be launched over a three-day period September 12 - 14.

New HD Channel

MY9HD

Conecticut, Westerchester & Brooklyn 9/12(exludes Litchfield, Ossining Rockland & Monroe)
Long Island & Bronx 9/13
NJ & Ossinging Rockland & Monore 9/14

RemyM said:
They don't have any HD content that I watch, but I will always take a new HD channel.

??
There are no more Yankee Broadcast Games left in the season?
I can't stand when the Yankees are on channel 9 and there is no HD coverage.

Even when the HD channel is added you won't see the games in HD. The Yankees games are not broadcasted in HD on Channel 9. Even if they were, my statement stands, I'm a Mets fan.:D

Last edited:
RemyM said:
Litchfield is not in Channel 9's broadcast area. You don't get it in SD either.

you are correct I stand corrected -- but we don't get wfsb nor wtnh (I do know that wtnh is a real pita so its not CV's fault; but why not give us NYC's feed as they do in other CT markets?)

Aren't the Nets on MY9 at all? If so, perhaps they'll have some games in HD for the basketball season. No idea why YES does not give the HD feed to MY9, hope they do now.

My guess, it would cost extra for Ch9 to broadcast the Yankees in HD in terms of paying the Yankees so they decide not to.

It's funny that the Mets are in HD on WPIX for years now but George's Yankees are not in HD on My9.

IceManNYR said:
My guess, it would cost extra for Ch9 to broadcast the Yankees in HD in terms of paying the Yankees so they decide not to.

It's funny that the Mets are in HD on WPIX for years now but George's Yankees are not in HD on My9.
I don't think it would cost extra for ch9 because aren't they just using YES's broadcast gear. MSG did the WPIX-HD games when the mets were on MSG and I think SNY is handling the hd feeds foe WPIX now. I'm not 100% on this but I think It would be up to YES if they want to do the ch9 games in HD. Perhaps now that CV will be carrying ch9hd They will have more of a reason to broadcast hd games next year anyway.

Last edited:
The Yankees better be in HD on this channel because I have gotten sick and tired watching the game on the original My9 channel.

johnner1999 said:
you are correct I stand corrected -- but we don't get wfsb nor wtnh (I do know that wtnh is a real pita so its not CV's fault; but why not give us NYC's feed as they do in other CT markets?)

johnner, I wrote to cablevision and all I got was a plain vanilla response about how cablevision is working to add more HD in the future...But my specific question about CBS and ABC network HD coverage here in Litchfield county was never answered directly. (impressive)

When I do get my HDTV, I may have to go with D* to get all the networks, because right now it makes no sense with only 2 of the 4 majors only being shown in HD on Cablevision here in Litchfield county.

It was announced during Friday's Yankees game that this Friday's game against the Red Sox will be shown in HD on MY 9. I'm sure Cablevision adding it had something to do with the decission by WWOR to finally start doing Yankees games in HD.

I guess those 450,000 HD subs that CV has made them rethink the HD issue. In all honesty how many people do you think were getting WWOR-DT OTA, maybe 50,000?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)