New HD receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

juveman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
usa
Good morning, I am looking to buy a new, unactivated HD receiver in the buffalo area. I currently have a H24-700 so I would need another one or equivalent ( btw what does the "-700" or the "-100" mean?). Where can I go to get one that is unactivated. I live close to Buffalo.

The -### refers to the manufacturer, otherwise the same model numbers are all the same. If you find an unactivated one, contact the access department at Directv with the RID number to be sure it's not a previously leased unit. If it is, they won't allow you to activate it. There are some available on eBay, but those are the suspect ones. Directv may well give you one at no additional cost aside a new two year commitment. You will get the commitment regardless of where you get it if it's a leased unit. If you find an owned one there is no additional commitment on an existing account.

Good morning, I am looking to buy a new, unactivated HD receiver in the buffalo area. I currently have a H24-700 so I would need another one or equivalent ( btw what does the "-700" or the "-100" mean?). Where can I go to get one that is unactivated. I live close to Buffalo.

My guess is that you are actually in Canada and so can't get anything from DirecTV? You won't be able to "buy" an unactivated receiver anywhere in Buffalo. You could get one from an online vendor like Solid Signal, remember they are all leased receivers, not owned by you..

You can get previously activated, owned receivers from ebay if you are careful. As Chip posted, You would need to get the receiver ID from the "seller", call DirecTv and ask for the access card department, and get them to confirm the receiver is owned by the seller (not leased) and can be activated on your account.

The issue would be if the receiver you are trying to buy was indeed on somebody else's account and owned by them you will NOT be able to use the Smart card in the receiver now, DirecTV will send you a replacement card before the receiver can be activated. If you are out of the country DirecTV will NOT ship the new smart card to an address outside the country.

John

yes, it would be mailed to whatever service address is on the account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)