New HD Today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I am E* and this might just be what is going to make me switch. I watch CNBC about 7 hours out of my day. Is there any HD content on that channel.

Sammy give us some time...the channel just launched a few hours ago. It may take a day or two to really evaluate it. so far it is a 16:9 screen without streaching.

there is different programming on 231 food, then 231-1 food hd. shows up in the guide this way.

FoodTV HD and Food TV, like HGTV HD and HGTV are not just simulcasts, like so many others (A&E, TBS, TNT, ESPN, etc) with an HD version of the shows. They actually have a different schedule and only play the HD shows where the SD versions will play the older stuff that doesn't have an HD version.

Not to brag, but those of us with Dish have known this and enjoyed these channels for a long time.

My wife and I watch a lot of HGTV. What's with that House? and Offbeat America to name just a few.

first sign of someone about to brag...

I was trying to explain something without bragging. Really, it isn't a big deal that we (Dish) have had HGTV and Food HDs for a long time. They are good but not something to write home about.

There are also those of us without Dish that have known this for a long time as well.

Fair enough, but the average DirecTV subscriber or cable subscriber that does not have these channels would not know this. Dish has had these channels, and I am sure some cable systems have too, so we know from watching them or flipping through the guide that this is the case. Of course there are those that consider TV, cable, sat, HD, etc a hobby, like many of us here at Satelliteguys.us that would actually know this, but many non-subscribers would not.

i, for one, am thrilled that food hd finally arrived. its about my favorite non sports or network channel.

Well I am E* and this might just be what is going to make me switch. I watch CNBC about 7 hours out of my day. Is there any HD content on that channel.

Sort of. What they do is instead of pillar boxing, they moving the talking heads to the left side of the screen and use the extra screen real estate and resolution of HD to put up more graphics. I can imagine many offices in Wall Street will have their tv in their lobby tuned to it 24/7.

i just wish cnbc hd would scroll the stox in alphabetical order on the bottom of the screen instread of the mumbo jumbo way they do now....even bloomberg used to do it alpabetically but now even stopped as well...i dont get it?

maybe the fox business channel will when they launch next week.

Sort of. What they do is instead of pillar boxing, they moving the talking heads to the left side of the screen and use the extra screen real estate and resolution of HD to put up more graphics. I can imagine many offices in Wall Street will have their tv in their lobby tuned to it 24/7.

And, not to be redundant, but I read somewhere (If I find the article I'll post it) that this is all they plan on doing, at least for the near term. Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea at all - the picture will look better than SD, and it's a better use of the 16:9 space than some of these other channels that are just showing their normal 4:3 stuff in the 16:9 frame, stretched or not...

I believe FBC will be doing something similar to what MSNBC is doing.

Do you mean CNBC? Fox Business isn't going to mimic MSNBC. The folks at Fox News Channel are constantly pointing out how far behind MSNBC is in the ratings than Fox News, so why on earth would the do anything similar to MSNBC? MSNBC has shown its panic by switching anchors, canceling programs left and right, etc. No sir, I highly doubt Fox Business will follow anything MSNBC is doing.

CNBC, sure, they are going to be competing directly with them. But not MSNBC.

Apologies, I meant CNBC with the layout and utilizing the screen for the news and text crawls, stock updates, etc.

If Dish would hurry up and add more channels, like Fox Business next week, I would have less time to point out other peoples mistakes on satguys, haha. Instead, I sit here trying to figure out why History HD is having a commercial for keeping NYC green. I am in Florida. NYC must have a lot of money to burn if they can buy a national ad on History HD for a public service announcement. Reminds me of my own city wasting money with five guys standing around watching one guy do some work at a snails pace.

Here's to hoping we get Fox Business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)