new here what equipment to get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matt_07

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
kansas
im just starting out and i want to use the the ku band what is the cheapest simplest reciever to buy and how big of a dish do i need?

Don't say where you are, but usually a 31-33" dish works ok for much of the Ku satellites in NA.
We generally say 1meter dish is better though, with satellite, bigger usually is better for the occasional weak signals or to help in rain. Check out our sponsors at the top of the page , Sadoun, SatelliteAV and others have receivers, dishes, dish motors and packages of equipment.
For beginners, I like the Fortec receiver, it has changed its name a couple of time but is still the same internal parts, Fortec Mercury II, then it became known as the Dynamic, newest name eludes me right now but it is around 100-125dollars. Very good blindscan receiver, good motor control. Others like the Traxis 3500, and the older Coolsat models, i.e. 5000,6000. What type tv are you seeking to watch?

Either of those receivers I mentioned would do well on standard def DVB-S signals, the majority of whats avail for now. There are some high def newsfeeds, and prob some of the mobile uplinkers for news are using DVB-S2 now. But those are a good start, and will get you the majority of the news uplinks on the various ku or c band sats.

you'll probably want a 39" to 48" for ku dvb-s2

if you have the space there is ALOT on cband as well for uplinks, a 6ft for dvb-s and a 9ft+ for dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond 9000 HD receiver - with fan ?

true free to air

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)