New Here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rowdy235

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Hey guys. Glad to be on board and glad to see others share the interest of c-band. Here is a brief history of my experiences.

In the early to mid 90's we used our c-band dish on an analog receiver (GI 2710R), I continued to use it, while we got DirecTV for the rest of the house. However, the polarity switching of that old receiver quit working, thus I got a used DSR920 for free from my neighbor. Unfortunately, my actuator decided to die right as it was moving to G9 (G0). So thats where I'm at now. My neighbor has offered me his actuator, but his dish is mounted ~15 ft up, so I'm still attempting to figure out how to get it.

I do have one question, I was hooking up the actuator wires, and I have a red, black, and unshielded along with M1 and M2. Where do the red/black/unsheielded go? On the receiver I have +5v, pulse, and ground.

Thanks in advance. Other than that, any suggestions, hints, tips, etc.?

Welcome to the group :)

are these the wires hooked up on the back of the 920 or on the motor itself ?

motor type would help also pictures are great for reference.
most likely red is +5 and black is ground but list motor type first before trying.
if you have a green wire its usually pulse unsheilded is usually not used
if no others wires then check back here cause i would then suspect the black is ground and red will be pulse
so two possible way until we know the motor.

about the actuator up high. the way i usually do it is move the dish all the way west ( if west mounted setup) and then undo the mounting bolt on the lower part of the arm and let the dish ( and you have to be careful ) slowly swing down until it rest against the pole then undo the top actuator bolt. you can also use a 12 batter charger on the actuator's m1 & m2 connections to move the motor.

as I mentioned the actuator died, so at the moment there is no actuator. I guess I sort of answered my own question, I'll remember which way I connect at the actuator, then relay that to the receiver. I had a superjack II, getting a venture 24". I do remember the red and black connecting to a sensor though.

The up high actuator wires have been removed, so moving it is a no-go.

Thanks.

black is ground and red will be pulse
i would suspect this on a superjack setup haven't seen a venture but suspect it would be the same.

I move mine outside all the time with a jumper set of wires about 12 ft long
I do a bunch of tuning :)

Yeah, I used to move mine with a battery, I'm just saying there are no wires coming out of my future actuator, so moving that that way would be difficult.

Got a plan, take tension off with a ratchet strap, remove actuator, replace with my broken one (to hold dish in place). Now If i could just do all that while climbing a pole :eek:

Could somebody let me know how to program the east/west limits on a DSR920.

Last edited:
that manual says nothing about it, but I found directions on nps's website. How reliable is the receiver to tell you physical limit reached?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)