New Hire - Tips and Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jharpe06

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
United States
I just got the email saying that I got offered the job as a satellite technician. I go in on Monday to fill out my new hire paperwork and then start training on the 2nd. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice. please keep them positive. I know the job is extremely tough physically and also mentally. I was well aware of that going into this. Thanks for any help guys, I will probably be on here quite a bit with questions.

Core 6 man! 1 Clear Line of sight 2 Secure mount 3 Torque fittings, 4 Peak Signal at Dish, 5 Check that that signal makes it to the receiver, 6 Treat the customers awesome and educate them well.

Keep a positive attitude & don't allow other installers to drag you into their doom & gloom.

I will be working in-house (directly for dish). I haven't heard a lot of great things about working for contractors and I dont have the money to invest on all of the tools, so I think it will be a great gig

You'll either love it or hate it. I do know that in-house techs are usually treated better (and paid more) than the RSP guys. Good luck with your new job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts