New Home Setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got my antenna today and just for kicks I set it up on my deck rail. I aimed it toward the Fayetteville/Ft. Smith stations and I picked up the Rogers/Eureka Springs (Fox/NBC) stations and the ABC station from Joplin. I do have it aimed the correct way.

HDHomerun and tablo can make you lose some station or best case weaken your singles if your antenna is strong single and has pre amp. here why the network tuner are made for view on multiple tv so the amp inside the tunner box so that it will be able to split the single to multiple tv over n the network. I once asked a HDHomerun owner if her was getting the same blank stations on his HDHomerun that i was getting and he sayed no . thoes channeles did not show up. once the channel started brodcast somthing on them blank channel. i one first to get it with no need to scan for them

My antenna worked great for the winter, but it does not now with full leaves. I get high signal strength (80 to mid 90), but it bounces from good to bad. What are my options? I was hoping to be able to cancel the Dish locals and depend on this. I do have it outside on a mast and I tweaked it some a week ago.

My antenna worked great for the winter, but it does not now with full leaves. I get high signal strength (80 to mid 90), but it bounces from good to bad. What are my options? I was hoping to be able to cancel the Dish locals and depend on this. I do have it outside on a mast and I tweaked it some a week ago.
Want to borrow my chainsaw, that's the easiest way with ATSC 1.0 8VSB, which has NO guard interval. That's why wagging tree leaves cause so much problems.

Really, your other options are to find some way to MOVE the antenna so the leaves don't block it from the tower directions. Somewhere else on your lot, OR raise it higher than the trees.

Reactions: Comptech
A combination of an extremely directional antenna along with the trees is killing you. The 4228 that you installed is a fine antenna for one, and only one, of the two directions that you can get. If you want both directions, try a bidirectional antenna.

A combination of an extremely directional antenna along with the trees is killing you. The 4228 that you installed is a fine antenna for one, and only one, of the two directions that you can get. If you want both directions, try a bidirectional antenna.
I have no problem with only one direction which is toward the channels in Arkansas and not Missouri. I was surprised when it picked up the channels from Missouri.

I would put a 36-40' mast on the peak of the roof and guy it at each corner getting you above the trees which are very thick (way too many to chain saw). That should put you back like you were last winter reducing the leaf absorption. You may not be able to do this but height is the second solution to signal loss behind a better antenna, which you already have.

Neither cutting the trees or raising the antenna 30 to 40 feet above my roof peak are options I can do.

I was hoping to just get a better antenna and maybe a router for it.

Neither cutting the trees or raising the antenna 30 to 40 feet above my roof peak are options I can do.

I was hoping to just get a better antenna and maybe a router for it.
Silicone dust 4K flex . has 3.o tuners, plug into your router and run channels dvr. Best thing I ever did, thanks to Mike, no cables and can watch what comes of my antenna anywhere.

Reactions: primestar31
I would put a 36-40' mast on the peak of the roof and guy it at each corner getting you above the trees which are very thick (way too many to chain saw). That should put you back like you were last winter reducing the leaf absorption. You may not be able to do this but height is the second solution to signal loss behind a better antenna, which you already have.
That is what I need, Jim what are you doing next weekend? The house is only 3 story and the roof is straight up and down. Haha!

I asked this a while ago, but here it comes again. I cannot raise a mast above my roof peak, but I can raise it 6' to 10 ' higher than what it is now at 7' above my fascia and 15' above the ground elevation. I also cannot cut the thousands of trees down.

I would like to get a little better steady signal than what I have. Right now the signals bounce a lot and it shows when watching something. I have the CM 4228 which is one of the best UHF antennas out there, but is there something better. I am only interested in the Arkansas channels.

Do I have any options?

I also cannot cut the thousands of trees down.
THAT'S why your signal is "bouncing". It's called "multipath" and it's because ATSC 1.0 was STUPIDLY designed on top of 8VSB. Your only hope is to move the antenna around, and try to find a better spot that seems to work best for you. That may be doable, but very unlikely to work 24/7/365 as long as those trees in the signal path exist.

THAT'S why your signal is "bouncing". It's called "multipath" and it's because ATSC 1.0 was STUPIDLY designed on top of 8VSB. Your only hope is to move the antenna around, and try to find a better spot that seems to work best for you. That may be doable, but very unlikely to work 24/7/365 as long as those trees in the signal path exist.
Thanks

I tweaked it a short while ago as much as I could. I just thought maybe another antenna or amp may work better. I don't care about the Joplin stations or the lone VHF station.

about OTA antennas:

...have this nice complex expensive hi-tech yagi antenna with lots of reflectors, directors, collectors, etc. - had her for many, many years and been doing fantastic job picking up those REALLY weak local channels on my VIP211...

...recently though some of those channels have been 'coming and going' ~ actually seemed to do better when it rains (?!?) - I can actually hose it down and get great reception again (as an extra class amateur radio operator I just gotta figure this out!).

Turns out feakin' green algae was growing on the thing's metal parts - got up there and washed her clean and B A N G !!! just like a new antenna - pickin' up everything great now...
CONCLUSION: don't just look at grounding and cable connections!
:yessign

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Thanks

I tweaked it a short while ago as much as I could. I just thought maybe another antenna or amp may work better. I don't care about the Joplin stations or the lone VHF station.
A VERY tight-beamed yagi type antenna might work better. However, I don't know what actual RF frequencies your locals broadcast on, and IF they are within around 30-40 degree spread or not. Run a Rabbitears report at 30 ft, RIGHT from your actual property coordinates (peferably the exact location of your antenna right now) and 100 miles, and post the results LINK here. Do NOT just post a screenshot of the results. The link allows me to click on the stations, and see the actual signal path it has to go through before hitting your house.

A VERY tight-beamed yagi type antenna might work better. However, I don't know what actual RF frequencies your locals broadcast on, and IF they are within around 30-40 degree spread or not. Run a Rabbitears report at 30 ft, RIGHT from your actual property coordinates (peferably the exact location of your antenna right now) and 100 miles, and post the results LINK here. Do NOT just post a screenshot of the results. The link allows me to click on the stations, and see the actual signal path it has to go through before hitting your house.

Here you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)