New Home Theatre

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2x10

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Just letting you guys know about my awesome Home Theatre. Total Price at the completetion of items.

1. Onkyo 674 HDMI upconvert Receiver - $530 shipped
2. Yambeka 7.1 Speaker System - $239 shipped
3. Panoview Gray Wolf II 106" - $239 shipped
4. SVS PBNSD-10 Sub woofer - $470 shipped
5. Panasonic PT-AE100U Projector - $1225 shipped
6. Projector Ceiling mount - $50
7 300 Ft of 16guage speaker wire - $62 (16 guage is great under 25ft)
8. subwoofer 25ft coax cable - $10
9. 3 HDMI cables (from Ebay) $36 They work great
10. 3 Set of Faux Leather HT Recliners - $1100
11. Leather Couch that separates into
3 separate reclining chairs - $430
12. Old Fashioned Popcorn Machine - $250

With a grand total of - $4641 --- Outstanding for under $5000

Thanks to Digital Dude for assisting me with getting a great package at a great price.

The Onkyo 674 is amazing. It upconverts all signals, audio and video from any connection (component, composite etc... It really does work too!!!!

My Standard Definiton Dish Signal on my 42 and 52 DLP's is very poor, but with the 674 to the projector --- it's actually the best picture in the house.

The 674 has a microphone that helps you set-up your system and it works very well.

Do not let other people "Videophiles" try to convince you that 1080p is that much better than 720p. This Panasonic projector is downright amazing for the price.

The Projector was extremely simple to set-up too. Mount it, turn the focus knob and WOW!!!!!

I still have to build a platform for the couch and finish the walls, but I will send pics to show set-up.

ROOM IS 25 x 13 with NO natural light coming in. Basement is completely underground.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to respond

Yep, if you search them, some places still call them Bass Transducers.

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/tactile.html

When someone new watches a movie I don't tell them about the shakers. Check their faces when the boom starts. :D
p1060244.jpg

PC180009.jpg

When someone new watches a movie I don't tell them about the shakers. Check their faces when the boom starts. :D
p1060244.jpg

PC180009.jpg

Very cool!!! Now what kind of shakers are those and how do you have them powered.

As listed already, I have the Onkyo 674 Receiver. I am assuming this is not what should be powering the shakers.

Thanks,

Joe

Very cool!!! Now what kind of shakers are those and how do you have them powered.

As listed already, I have the Onkyo 674 Receiver. I am assuming this is not what should be powering the shakers.

Thanks,

Joe

They are some aura-bass shakers that parts express had on sale a few years ago.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-027
connected to a 500w amp. http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG
The 1000 watt amp is for 4 subwoofers.
PC170091.jpg.w560h747.jpg

P2030143.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)