New Hopper 3 not seeing recordings from ext. HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was afraid of that. So the 40.0 remote isn't compatible with the 722.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If you had a 722 then that's probably a 20.0 or 21.0 remote. The 40.0 is a Hopper remote and is compatible to a Hopper but not a 722.

I suspect the IR commands would work just fine. But the backup feature doesn't exist in the ViP722 series.

You could back up timers with the 722K but not the 722.... I had a 722 and there was no remote back up. I could have used that when I upgraded to my H1....

Reactions: cummingsje
I got my Western Digital usb 3.0 EHD today. Took a bit of time for my Hopper 3 to detect the drive
but It saw after about 60 sec. and formatted the drive with no problems. Thanks for the help
and suggestions on the drive.

Edit 1. I just transferred a 60 minute HD show to the drive. I took about 2 minutes vs. about 15 minutes
transferring the same show from my 722K to a USB 2.0 EHD.

Edit 2. Just saw that when I transferred a recording from the Hopper 3 hard drive to my EHD the folder on the Hopper 3 disappeared. When I went into Options - Manage Folders though the missing folder was still listed. To get the folder back on the Hopper 3 HD I deleted the folder in the manage folder screen and re-created it. Anyone else see this? BTW this happened twice because I transferred a recording from another folder to a second EHD and again the folder disappeared.

Last edited:
That brings up an interesting thought. If I bought a new drive of a type that that seems to be working for everyone (Western Digital seems to be what everyone is using), is it possible to clone the old drive to the new somehow? I have a clone application on my Mac that makes copies of hard drives, or maybe I would need to restore everything from the old drive to the VIP 722, connect the new drive, then move everything back to it. That seems like a tedious and slow process, but it should work.

Western Digital is the one that didn't work for me on the Hopper 3 but works fine on the Hopper 2000, it could be board used in mines as I noticed the 2GB came both made in Malaysia with a bigger box and a smaller Thailand box which is the one I have. Yes, you can clone the drive just fine as if you see my other post, you will see I have cloned the drive using Macrium Reflect. It took about 18 hours. You really need to do a sector by sector clone instead of only cloning sectors with data.

Found my post, it's post #49 in the thread below:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/how-long-to-backup.357337/page-3#post-3834963

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)