New Hopper 3 not seeing recordings from ext. HD

I was afraid of that. So the 40.0 remote isn't compatible with the 722.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If you had a 722 then that's probably a 20.0 or 21.0 remote. The 40.0 is a Hopper remote and is compatible to a Hopper but not a 722.

I suspect the IR commands would work just fine. But the backup feature doesn't exist in the ViP722 series.

You could back up timers with the 722K but not the 722.... I had a 722 and there was no remote back up. I could have used that when I upgraded to my H1....

Reactions: cummingsje
I got my Western Digital usb 3.0 EHD today. Took a bit of time for my Hopper 3 to detect the drive
but It saw after about 60 sec. and formatted the drive with no problems. Thanks for the help
and suggestions on the drive.

Edit 1. I just transferred a 60 minute HD show to the drive. I took about 2 minutes vs. about 15 minutes
transferring the same show from my 722K to a USB 2.0 EHD.

Edit 2. Just saw that when I transferred a recording from the Hopper 3 hard drive to my EHD the folder on the Hopper 3 disappeared. When I went into Options - Manage Folders though the missing folder was still listed. To get the folder back on the Hopper 3 HD I deleted the folder in the manage folder screen and re-created it. Anyone else see this? BTW this happened twice because I transferred a recording from another folder to a second EHD and again the folder disappeared.

Last edited:
That brings up an interesting thought. If I bought a new drive of a type that that seems to be working for everyone (Western Digital seems to be what everyone is using), is it possible to clone the old drive to the new somehow? I have a clone application on my Mac that makes copies of hard drives, or maybe I would need to restore everything from the old drive to the VIP 722, connect the new drive, then move everything back to it. That seems like a tedious and slow process, but it should work.

Western Digital is the one that didn't work for me on the Hopper 3 but works fine on the Hopper 2000, it could be board used in mines as I noticed the 2GB came both made in Malaysia with a bigger box and a smaller Thailand box which is the one I have. Yes, you can clone the drive just fine as if you see my other post, you will see I have cloned the drive using Macrium Reflect. It took about 18 hours. You really need to do a sector by sector clone instead of only cloning sectors with data.

Found my post, it's post #49 in the thread below:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/how-long-to-backup.357337/page-3#post-3834963

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)