New Hopper and vertical size issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Aquestion on your voilume control problem. When you try to control the sound lever through your AVR, are you pressing the white aux button first? That's the way my system works. I press the AUX button, change the sound level then press the SAT button again.( a big box appears on the screen prompting me to do so.
You do know you can set the remote manager volume option to control your amp so you don't need to press Aux, then Sat each time?

Sure ... dwarrent2 is the one who runs it through the pressing the aux button routine.

If yo have an aux code programmed and into the remote you will see that when you press the volume button (if it is set to control volume) that the aux light will come on and when you release the button the aux light will stay for awhile and then go out after a timeout. The AV equipment sees this the entire time and responds accordingly.

If you set the volume to TV when you press the volume button the T light will come on and when you release the button the TV light will go out ... it follows the button press without the pause and naturally the volume control functions normally.

This is easy to see with the eye and to verify it you can look at the remote with you camera to see that it is in fact transmitting the IR while the aux light in on.

A brand new remote works differently and as it should until it is given the aux code in remote manager ... then it is screwed.

My Aux bottom light does NOT linger on as described when I control volume. Again, you seem to have a unique problem. Wondering if there is an issue between the remote and your particular receiver. What is it?

You didn't answer if the volume was a learned command vs a preprogrammed code. Every 40.0 remote I've used repeats learned commands.

Unless your using hdmi from the Jpey to the TV, it won't be in HD. I also go back to the old C-Band days and had a Houston Tracker 9+.

You didn't answer if the volume was a learned command vs a preprogrammed code. Every 40.0 remote I've used repeats learned commands.

Post #42 last sentence

A brand new remote works differently and as it should until it is given the aux code in remote manager ... then it is screwed. Giving it an aux code is not part of learning is is don by device code.

I don't think he ever answered what kind of cable goes from AVR to tv as well
We are talking about the Joey but ......... Post #21

My problem is actually with the Joey in the bedroom. My Hopper is on my main TV and it is connected with RGB plus audio and it is not nearly the problem as the Joey which is noticeable.

However, that is not the discussion as it is the Joey with the problem which is obviously connected with HDMI.

We are talking about the Joey but ......... Post #21

My problem is actually with the Joey in the bedroom. My Hopper is on my main TV and it is connected with RGB plus audio and it is not nearly the problem as the Joey which is noticeable.

However, that is not the discussion as it is the Joey with the problem which is obviously connected with HDMI.

Did you try swapping out the HDMI cable, just to rule out that possibility? Maybe even trying Component cables?

My Aux bottom light does NOT linger on as described when I control volume. Again, you seem to have a unique problem. Wondering if there is an issue between the remote and your particular receiver. What is it?
Well that certainly is odd KAB. I have an older TEAC AV unit and it has all the normal bells and whistles. I did mention that the old remote I used on the VIP-622 works perfectly. I don't see how the receiver is in the loop since the remote learn from the Hopper (I think). As said a brand new un-programmed remote works like it should and no lingering,. Once the aux is give a code it is toast and even if that code is changed. I tried it again this AM with the last new one I have making it 6 that do this so it is not a fluke. I could make a video but that is not necessary to prove my situation.

Is there a way to "reset" the remote and or put it back to factory so to speak?

Did you try swapping out the HDMI cable, just to rule out that possibility? Maybe even trying Component cables?

Tried two new high end (expensive) HDMI cables .. same.
I don't think Joey has component video out ... only HDMI and composite which is not HD.

Does the Joey process the HD signal or is it a pass through from the Hopper?

Tried two new high end (expensive) HDMI cables .. same.
I don't think Joey has component video out ... only HDMI and composite which is not HD.

Does the Joey process the HD signal or is it a pass through from the Hopper?

Sorry, you're right on the Component output. I'm pretty sure the Joey processes it's own video out but I'm not 100% on that one.

As said a brand new un-programmed remote works like it should and no lingering,. Once the aux is give a code it is toast and even if that code is changed. I tried it again this AM with the last new one I have making it 6 that do this so it is not a fluke.
Now you've got me scratching my head. How can a un-programmed remote work WITHOUT giving it a code?

Reactions: ChadT41
It wasn't obvious until you just said it was connected with an HDMI cable. Do you have just the HDMI cable attached to the Joey and TV in the bedroom?

It wasn't obvious until you just said it was connected with an HDMI cable. Do you have just the HDMI cable attached to the Joey and TV in the bedroom?
OK .. but I said earlier that the Joey was connected the only way it can be for HD. That is the only connection

Now you've got me scratching my head. How can a un-programmed remote work WITHOUT giving it a code?

Easy. Add batteries. Pair it to the Hopper.

Now press aux then press the volume button. Light and output will follow button press exactly.

Now program it to the TV and leave the volume function to TV. Press the volume now ... works fine and follows as it should (lighting the TV LED).

Now program the Aux code for a Tech receiver and set the volume function to control AV.

Press the aux button ... bingo see the delay when it is released. Use your camera and you will also see the signal ... twice!

Now try to make it NOT do that by reprogramming any other thing you like and report back please and tell me how to do it.

I already humored you by reprogramming Aux a little while ago. Not seeing it. No lingering. No camera needed.

Reactions: ChadT41
rexlan, on your bedroom Joey and TV, try to reset receiver: Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Reset Receiver. Reset your Joey. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. See if that gets you going better. You have nothing to lose....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)