New Hopper with Sling upgrade pricing

I'm sure the tech doesn't want to spend more time and run extra cable on a work order that was only built for one receiver due to the point system they use. (I believe)

About what I expected, but I indulged myself. Not going to be such a good deal. BTW, I run my own coax. But there's still the duo node and extra effort.

What a great deal! Thanks for pointing it out. Any idea how long this deal would last?
at least the weekend i think. I would message them for exact info.

It's tempting to replace a joey with a third hopper at that price, but sadly it would be overkill for our household. Plus the cost of an extra switch/node and the hassle of rewiring.

at least the weekend i think. I would message them for exact info.

It's tempting to replace a joey with a third hopper at that price, but sadly it would be overkill for our household. Plus the cost of an extra switch/node and the hassle of rewiring.

Would there be any additional charge if a Hopper replaced a Joey?

Would there be any additional charge if a Hopper replaced a Joey?

Probably not.

As for myself, Dish is replacing one of my H2000s with the HWS. I'll be selling my other H2000 and purchasing another HWS. So that leaves another H2000 and 2 Joeys behind :) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Probably not.

As for myself, Dish is replacing one of my H2000s with the HWS. I'll be selling my other H2000 and purchasing another HWS. So that leaves another H2000 and 2 Joeys behind :) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

OK, thanks. I think sparc has a good idea.

Weird. I was under the impression that the upgrade price for hopper with sling was 100 for everyone. But when I asked Zach with dirt what it would cost to upgrade my original hopper to a hopper with sling I was quoted 200.

Weird. I was under the impression that the upgrade price for hopper with sling was 100 for everyone. But when I asked Zach with dirt what it would cost to upgrade my original hopper to a hopper with sling I was quoted 200.

That's odd. The new pricing for retailers has the hopper with sling @ $149. How can they charge more to customers?

What are the benefits of owning vice not? Protection plan? Etc

Has anyone purchased a HWS from these folks? Just seems odd able to buy for that price.

I have purchased two Hopper w/Slings from Dish Depot. One ($359) I have now and the other ($199) is scheduled to be delivered Friday. There is no advantage that I know of owning your own DVRs. You have no choice with Dish TV that I know of if you want more than two DVRs.

There is no advantage that I know of owning your own DVRs.
there is no advantage in terms of cost savings, but there are some specific situations where satguys members choose to own. Lack of a contract, ability to install yourself, ability to add and remove on your account for flexibility like guest rooms, exceeding lease limit, etc. The average customer should be leasing unless you have very specific needs like that.

Last edited:
there is no advantage in terms of cost savings, but there are some specific situations where satguys members choose to own. Lack of a contract, ability to install yourself, ability to add and remove on your account for flexibility like guest rooms, exceeding lease limit, etc. The average customer should be leasing unless you have very specific needs like that.

Wow, those are all good reasons. Never thought of all that because none of it applies to me except cost savings. Direct TV you sure don't have to purchase like I have had to do twice now. Had to buy two 722s when I joined Dish and now two Hoppers. Dish is lucky that I am a loyal customer and want to stay with them.

I was offered $250 at first but then they cut the price to $200 to upgrade, and got $10 discount for 10 months. took the deal...

I do wish that you could save the $$ for each box every month to purchase your own device. For a leased box I understand the $7-$10 a month, but for a box that is owned by the individual I would love to know how having 1 or even 20 boxes costs Dish any extra money.

Agree with the sentiment. But it would cost Dish money in the fees they would no longer receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)