New Hopper with Sling upgrade pricing

This morning, I ordered the Hopper with Sling to replace one of my Hopper 2000s. I ordered by phone as it was too early for a chat. Upgrade cost for me is $100. I could have had it shipped for $30. Instead, no charge for a technician visit if I added the protection plan, which I did. I could have had installation this morning, but I have to work. My appointment is for Sunday afternoon. Gives me plenty of time to move my programs to the external hard drive.
Shipping should be free as well, if you have the protection plan. At least, is was when I had Dish ship a replacement 722, and sling, for example.

Personally, I do not have a external drive (only portables), so I will have to wait until my DVR is empty, like I when I upgraded to the original Hopper.

Shipping should be free as well, if you have the protection plan. At least, is was when I had Dish ship a replacement 722, and sling, for example.

If they prefer to pay a technician, rather than waive the shipping charge, who am I to argue?

Is there a minimum time that I must keep the protection plan? I remember that it used to be five or six months, but I think that it was changed.

What is the official Dish designation for the Hopper w/Sling? What is XiP813 used for? Do you know what is the Joey official Dish designation?

XiP913 and XiP110

I believe these are the technical names of the products but they are are called Hopper and Hopper with Sling and Joey because that's much more marketing friendly than XiP 813/913110.

Nevertheless, I would like to see a dirt cheap Joey w/o MoCA, i.e. network only. And the Joey really needs the bluetooth feature of the Hopper. Or even better, I wish there were a non-Dish "Joey" client on some product we could buy outright w/no additional fee, and still get our programming from the Hopper.

Nevertheless, I would like to see a dirt cheap Joey w/o MoCA, i.e. network only. And the Joey really needs the bluetooth feature of the Hopper. Or even better, I wish there were a non-Dish "Joey" client on some product we could buy outright w/no additional fee, and still get our programming from the Hopper.

Next thing you'll want is to be able to use those owned, 3rd party boxes without an access fee! :eek: :D

XiP913 and XiP110

I believe these are the technical names of the products but they are are called Hopper and Hopper with Sling and Joey because that's much more marketing friendly than XiP 813/913110.

Thanks lucky86. So what is HPR2000 used for and is the Hopper w/Sling the same number?

Next thing you'll want is to be able to use those owned, 3rd party boxes without an access fee! :eek: :D

I already mentioned that already.

...Or even better, I wish there were a non-Dish "Joey" client on some product we could buy outright w/no additional fee, and still get our programming from the Hopper.

;)

So what is HPR2000 used for and is the Hopper w/Sling the same number?

The original Hopper2000 is almost identical to the HwS except it's (1) slower, (2) has less memory, (3) comes without embedded Sling, and (3) doesn't have the guts to run the Hopper Transfer app.

HPR2000 is the XIP813
HwS is the XIP913

The original Hopper2000 is almost identical to the HwS except it's (1) slower, (2) has less memory, (3) comes without embedded Sling, and (3) doesn't have the guts to run the Hopper Transfer app.

HPR2000 is the XIP813
HwS is the XIP913

Thanks TheKrell. I like your idea of non-Dish Joey. I wish Dish was like Verizon MoCA Fios TV. At all the TV wall jacks that do not have a DVR or STB you can get all the locals and several other oddball locals in HD.

The XiP Names are what Echostar calls the receivers. Think of it like a part number.

DISH buys XiP's from Echostar who then names them what the customer (DISH) wants, thus the Hopper.

;)

HPR2000 is the XIP813
HwS is the XIP913

Joey is XiP110 :) .

Dish used to use that nomenclature to name their products. Thus we have ViP 722k, ViP 211, etc. Then the marketing people realized that it is really tough to create brand awareness around alphabet soup. So they renamed the product the Hopper and created a whole marketing campaign around building awareness with the Boston Guys, and the Hoppa.

So if you want 2 generation 1 hoppers and 2 joeys is it now only $100? And if you want one HwS and one generation 1 hopper it is $150?

I'm looking for ways to reduce costs, not add to it. With this latest info, still going to stay put with a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts