Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There are rumors spinning around once again saying that DISH will introduce a new Hopper at CES in January. And from what I know these rumors may be true.

So with that said, for a little fun, if you were to improve the Hopper with Sling into a new brand new Hopper what features would you like to see it have...

Or just predict what you think the New Hopper will offer over the current Hopper with Sling.

I think it will be fun to hear some of your ideas, and who knows we just might see them at CES in January. Its going to be fun seeing how they make one of the best DVR's on the market even better.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
My guess is two primary changes 1)More tuners. I think 5 would be good with one able to do PTAT. 2) Support for 4K.
Other modifications: Larger hard drive, maybe some kind of voice remote like other providers have,

There are rumors spinning around once again saying that DISH will introduce a new Hopper at CES in January. And from what I know these rumors may be true.

So with that said, for a little fun, if you were to improve the Hopper with Sling into a new brand new Hopper what features would you like to see it have...

Or just predict what you think the New Hopper will offer over the current Hopper with Sling.

I think it will be fun to hear some of your ideas, and who knows we just might see them at CES in January. Its going to be fun seeing how they make one of the best DVR's on the market even better.
I don't know what standards may exist for this but I would like to see the ability for a Hopper/Joey to turn on a TV when an AUTOTUNE timer is triggered. As it is now, I have to set both Joey and my TV set.

I'd like to see a built in Roku. I'd also like to win the big lottery.

I'd like to see an option to see PSIP data. See prior paragraph re' lottery.

I'd like to see a keyboard - pointing device made available. About that big lottery win....

I'd like to see the Guide stay at three hours. Guess I oughta buy a lottery ticket. Or flush a dollar. Not much difference either way.

I would also like more tuners.

I know this will never happen but, 2 mirrored hard drives, so if a drive failed you could plug in a new one and not lose any shows.

I guess that it is totally possible that we will see announcements at ces before any of last years announcements are actually released.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I'd like to see a built in Roku. I'd also like to win the big lottery.

I'd like to see an option to see PSIP data. See prior paragraph re' lottery.

I'd like to see a keyboard - pointing device made available. About that big lottery win....

I'd like to see the Guide stay at three hours. Guess I oughta buy a lottery ticket. Or flush a dollar. Not much difference either way.

Your odds on winning the lottery are better. :biggrin

Reactions: navychop
Definitely more tuners, But no monthly price increase either.
Better Joey function.
Maybe a little smaller in size.

Also an easy way to hook up a 3 or 4 Hopper system.
So I would like to see something better then a Duo node and and the DPP44 that has to be incorporated currently.

Well, I *just* got a Hopper, so that means it's a sure thing that a new one will come out soon.

I just hope that they don't reserve the new software just for the new one.

Maybe they're right.
Considering most people use cell phones, I myself saw no reason to spend $30-50 addtional per month on a land line, when I already spend $200 on 4 cell phones.

And at my office, we have 2 land lines one for a fax, and one for the phone. But that's just to keep customers from blowing up my cell phone.

If I didn't need a fax line, I would just add a company cell phone and save myself about $80 a month.

Considering most people use cell phones, I myself saw no reason to spend $30-50 addtional per month on a land line, when I already spend $200 on 4 cell phones.

And at my office, we have 2 land lines one for a fax, and one for the phone. But that's just to keep customers from blowing up my cell phone.

If I didn't need a fax line, I would just add a company cell phone and save myself about $80 a month.
Why not move your land lines to VOIP like Ooma Office (or just a flat out Ooma box that allows for two lines on the same IAD)? It costs me a whole $4 and some change as they just charge what my area's taxes are per month. The initial fee for the box has been made up by the cost savings every month quite quickly. Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion about a rumored new Hopper. :)

Reactions: rharkins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)