New House Hook-Up Question

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I have just purchased a new home and had an installation question. I have an 811, 510, and a 4900 currently and at my new house I would like to replace the 4900 with a 322 and add one other receiver unknown at this time (most likely a single tuner receiver). Can this be done with one Dish 500 (or 1000( dish with a Dish Pro quad LNB? If not, do I just add another Dish 500 (or 1000)? And to keep Voom channels, I'm guessing I will still need a dish pointed at 61.5.

Thanks,

Scott

Sure, it can be done with a single Dish500, but we need to know what lnb's and switches you have on your surrent installation. With a 4900, you would have to have some legacy switch or a legacy adapter.

A 61.5 dish would be cheaper, but the Voom channels are mirrored on 129 and can be had with a Dish 1000.

Currently, I have the older quad LNB, not the Dish Pro quad so the 4900 works fine with that. I was considering using the Dish mover program when I move (not going to take my current dishes with me, unless I need to) so I am wondering what Dish will give me at my new house?

I would call E* and see what they offer.

If you have to do it yourself, then swap the 4900 to a 322 and get a Dish1000 and a DPP44 switch. From the Dish1000 and a DPP44 switch you can feed your 811, 510 and 322 (use dpp separator) and still have one more output on the switch.

Thanks, RandallA. So do I need the Dish 1000 with just a Dual LNB or does it have to be a quad to work with the DPP 44 and the setup I want?

Thanks again.

The Dish1000 comes with a DPP Twin and a DP Dual (two LNBS), this dish allows you to get 110, 119, and 129. Three cable runs go into the DPP44 switch and the switch has 4 outputs. With a DP separator you can feed a Dual receiver (322, 522) with just one cable run.

Also, you may not need to get rid of the 4900 as the DPP44 switch supports Legacy receivers without the DP adaptor. So you can feed the 811, 510, 322 and 4900 with the Dish1000 and a DPP44 switch. Note that the switch is around $180.00 and the Dish1000 around $100.00. Plus the 322 receiver that you want to add runs around $150.00. Total of $430.00.

See what E* will do for you first and go from there.

Thanks for the info. I have the 510 and 811 in the same location connected to the same tv. Can I run one cable from the DPP 44 and use a DP separator to feed both the 510 and 811? If so, I would like to run one cable from the DPP 44 to the 510 and 811 using a separator to feed both, one cable from the DPP 44 to the 322 using a separtor, and possibly one cable from the DPP 44 to a 4900. Is this setup possible? I guess I would still have one more output available for another receiver or could I even feed to tuners with that last output also using a DP separator?

Thanks,

Scott

There is no way a separator can be used to feed two different receivers. The whole point of the separator is to feed a dual tuner using DPP technology. From the sounds of things, you'll need to independent cable runs; one to the 510 and the other to the 811.

webbydude said:
There is no way a separator can be used to feed two different receivers. The whole point of the separator is to feed a dual tuner using DPP technology. From the sounds of things, you'll need to independent cable runs; one to the 510 and the other to the 811.
I really don't know why this comes up every time someone uses the word separator. E* should put in big letters saying something like "Here at Dish Network we are here to continue the enovation of satellite TV, for example the Dish Separator. It is used for DUAL tuner receivers (322,522,625,942,ex) and you may not use it for to different receivers only DUAL tuner receivers (322,522,625,942,ex). Thank you, Charlie.
srry about the rant Im tired and I felt like compplaining about something. :mad:

sA :: Shaggy said:
I really don't know why this comes up every time someone uses the word separator. E* should put in big letters saying something like "Here at Dish Network we are here to continue the enovation of satellite TV, for example the Dish Separator. It is used for DUAL tuner receivers (322,522,625,942,ex) and you may not use it for to different receivers only DUAL tuner receivers (322,522,625,942,ex). Thank you, Charlie.
srry about the rant Im tired and I felt like compplaining about something. :mad:
thanks..just saved me a bucnh of keystrokes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)