new house so its like new FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I moved to Macomb IL from Quincy IL. I got done moving the other day so I set up my audio dish on echostar 7. Haha, Snoop Doug came on :) I came across a little problem though. I have my two 1m dishes to hook up and I don't have a way to mount one of them. One of my 1m dishes has a base that is dessigned to be screwed to some wood or something, but my other 1m needs a post. The guy I am renting from does not like the idea of me sinking a post so I am trying to find a way to make something that will work for next to nothing.

Any ideas?

The 6 foot BUD I was gonna set up is pretty much out of the question. I guess I will have to wait until after I am done with college for that. Pretty much the deal was that I had a lot of stuff to move this go around and I don't want to do it again; therfore, I am trying to not have many projects. I should have about three more moves left.

Pretty much I am looking for something I can make. I don't have the 65 for the metal mount on Saduon's website

Eh...just sink the $10 pole and leave the concrete 6 inches below ground level so when you leave you can cut if off below the dirt/grass :p

The Rubbermaid tub with concrete idea sounds great - it might push the definition of portable a bit (66 pounds per bag of concrete.)

I had a thought about driving a steel fence post (the green barbed wire type) well into the ground, place the steel pipe over the fence post (below ground level.) Then secure the two with two bolts above the ground.

You'll only need a drill, a good bit and a big a$$ hammer.

Ive tried "driving" a perfectly plumb pole into the ground for other purposes...real tough to do.

If you can't set a post in cement like suggested previously, try this design for a very stable temporary post. Place a post level on the pole while driving and you should have good success.

Attachments

• PostTemp.jpg
    PostTemp.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 149
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)