New Hughesnet Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fly_daddy

Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Arkansas
Hello everyone! I got lucky and came across a free Hughesnet dish yesterday. However, it is missing it's feed horn. Does anyone recognize this dish and know where the focal point is or does anyone have tips on how to find the focal point? Thanks!

fly

Attachments

• hughesnet01.jpg
    hughesnet01.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 288
  • hughesnet02.jpg
    hughesnet02.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 257
You been robbed!!! Haven't seen one like that, it would be nice to find a pic of one that is intact, so you could see how the feedhorn/lnbf attached to it. I'm sure you can rig a lnbf to it, with some tinkering to find the 'sweet spot' .

That looks like a nice dish :D

You can sell the BUC transmitter unit separately. Get a LNBF and holder then mount it on the end somehow. :)

Do the hughesnet dishes work good for Free to air satellite reception? Also can you use the LNB that comes on them? is it just like any standard LNBF other than the fact you can transmit with it as well? I have a friend who is an installer for hughesnet and can get me old systems occasionally when he does upgrades for people etc.

Yep they usually work just fine. Before they changed the name to Hughesnet, they were calling it Direcway. I have one of those (white dish) and it does a good job on fta sats. The lnbf that comes on them is hard to beat. You can take off the extra weight of the transmitter part to lighten the load on the lnb arm. And they're built like tanks.

When used for the intended purpose-yes they transmit to a satellite data transponder for connection to internet. With the proper software to run the transmitter, that is. Any other use would most likely be highly illegal !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)