New Install/Confused about what I should be getting?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jst3w

Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
I am having dish installed on Saturday. I called a local retailer and said that I wanted a HD receiver. I'm supposed to be getting the 211, but I see that a lot of folks are getting 411's. Are both receivers the same except the ethernet port? I also am really confused about the programming. If I get a "metal" HD package does it include the VOOM programming or is this an add-on. Are they doing away with the HD package and VOOM and bundeling them together in these Bronze, Silver, etc... packages now? What about local HD Channels? What determines if you get these? I'm just looking for clarification and am having a hard time figuring it out on Dish's website. Thanks for all the help! :confused:

jstew

You are correct about the 411. It's the same as the 211 without the ethernet port (which isn't operable yet anyway).

All of the HD "metal" packages include VOOM. Going forward this how they are packaging them. No more seperate VOOM and HD Pak.

If you sign up for your local SD channels they will also include the HD locals if they are available. Right now they are just rolling out the HD locals, so you may or may not get them at this time. When yours are available, however, you won't have to do anything to get them (if you subscribe to SD locals), they will just start showing up.

Thanks for the help! It's amazing how complicated they can make it. And I've read that getting accurate info from CSR's can be a challenge in itself. One last thing, I've heard about the separate dishes such as Dish 1000, SuperDish, Dish 500. Which dish should they install or should I request?

Thanks,
jstew

jst3w said:
Thanks for the help! It's amazing how complicated they can make it. And I've read that getting accurate info from CSR's can be a challenge in itself. One last thing, I've heard about the separate dishes such as Dish 1000, SuperDish, Dish 500. Which dish should they install or should I request?

Thanks,
jstew
jst3w...I don't know your location but I am located in Western Washington. In my case I signed up with the DishHD Silver package with locals. Received one 411 receiver with another VIP211/411 on the way. The satellite dish they installed was a Dish 1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)