New install/Existing Cust

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I'm an existing E* sub (In Dallas, with a D500 pointing at 110/119, and a D500 pointing at 148, with a DP34 switch, and 2 721's).

I'm moving to Austin (no locals on 148), into a brand new house. The new house is wired with On-Q wiring, supposedly RG-6 for Satellite to the 3 rooms I want TV in.

I'm thinking of doing HD within 6 months.

Does any of the Dish Installers around here think E* would do a D1000 pointing at 110/119/129 and a D500 pointing at 148, as well as a DP+44 switch and use the On-Q wiring ?

I'll also (for now) re-activate a 501 I have here for the 3rd room until we go HD.

Am I nuts?

LER

I'm thinking DPP44 switch for the dual tuners to be on one cable each.

We'll see what E* says when I order the dish mover.

LER

Not sure what the Q is unless you mean its a smart home type of set up. If so then all we should have to do is run the coax from the switch to this network and jack in acordingly. As for the D1000 and the D500 you will have to order reception from these satellites specificaly in order to get them installed unless you slip the installer a quick $20 or a kiss wichever works for you and him hehe. Grab your old dish's and lnbfs and take them with you, this will facilitate what your wanting to do a bit easier specialy if you were to mount the D500 pointed westward to 148, it will help greatly if you have a dish pro dual for that dish, if you do then just order the d1000 and when you do be sure to tell the csr that you will need to have a dpp44 due to the wiring in the home and that it will be impossible to run any new lines to the 942's location.

This is what E* would probably do:

Dual 500s, one with DPP Twin LNB, one with DP Dual LNB

110/119 + 148, no DP34 since you're only going to have a dual tuner (takes one port on the DPP LNB) and an additional receiver (the DPP Twin LNB has a built in switch that'll take 2 receivers, either dual tuner or single tuner)..

A DP34 would do the same, essentially -- dual tuners take 2 spots on the DP34 and singles take 1. Tradeoff, I guess, but you're still serving the same number of rooms :)

With a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500, you'd get 110, 119, 129, and 148. The problem there is that you'd have to use a DPP44 to have HD on all TVs, otherwise you can take the 129 output, plug it into a DP21 along with the 110/119/148 coming off a DP34.

I've got 2 dual tuners, and 1 single tuner today (2 721's, and a 501). I want to use the existing (new, RG6) ON-Q wiring for all receivers, where there is **ONE** run to each room, so that means DPP. So, why wouldn't they do a D1000 + D500 + DPP44?

I'm even willing to pay (some) of the cost.

Van: Taking the existing stuff is problematical, as I'm leaving for Austin Sunday, but my wife/kid will be where the receivers are till 12/15.

I'm hoping I can convince E* to do it ONCE.

LER

If you want 110, 119, 129, and 148 -- then a 1000 with DP twin and DP dual and 500 with DP dual with a DPP44 switch..

If you want 110, 119, and 129 or 148, then a dish 500 with DPP twin and DP dual and a 500 with DP dual --- or a 1000 by itself will do.

I'd call the installer and make clear with them exactly what you want. If you want the DPP44, they'll charge for that -- not sure about the 2nd dish, but yeah..

Best of luck either way!

Good Luck with the On Q prewiring. I'll bet you have two incoming wires going into the structured box where you will need 4 for the DPP44. These electricians that do the On Q prewires have little knowledge of what the industry needs.

boba said:
Good Luck with the On Q prewiring. I'll bet you have two incoming wires going into the structured box where you will need 4 for the DPP44. These electricians that do the On Q prewires have little knowledge of what the industry needs.
Actually, I think there is only one :(.

However, I'd rather have E* run the 4 down, and then into the box, and not have to run the rest outside.

We'll see.

Best thing to do then is to contact dish and see what they will do for you, find out what the pricing is, I'd think you would be able to ge a better deal on some of the required gear from claude than you would through dish directly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)