New Install for my parents 622? Why not 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
My parents broke from cable and went with Dish Network. My dad said they installed a 222k. I told them to call back and ask for a 722. They promised a 722 next day. This of course did not happen and they spent a few days on the phone before getting an installer back out to the house. When he said the receiver was silver I asked him to read off the numbers and the installer gave them a 622.

My parents do not like to stir up problems but I feel they have been ripped off. What do you think? Are 622's still being installed on a regular basis? I'm concerned that they were given a refurb unit as I had heard that the well of new 622s dryed up months ago.

Doesn't matter, they went with a new customer lease deal, dish can provide whatever equipment they want, new or used or refurbished, as long as it provides the functionality the customer is paying for. Their deal also likely includes the home protection plan which covers any equipment failures that might occur.

If you bought the unit outright at full price, well then you have something to complain about.

They like to use the 622 when its an upgrade. If they would of got it from the get go it would of been the 722.

we still put in the 622's alot. I honestly dont know how they decide who gets what.. It does seem that most upgrades get 622's but I also dont know how they decide who gets a 722 vs. 722k either

I've had a few Dish referbs and they work fine. That alone isn't unusual. When I signed up, they delivered a 612. I called and told them I wanted a 722 instead. They brought it out the next day.

My brother in law just switch from D* to E*. He asked for two 722's. One for master bedroom the other for living room. Well when the installer came he had a 722k and a 222k. So he just installed them and later that day he called and complained. Well they sent out a refurbed 722 free of charge.
I was surprised they sent anything out free of charge.

So, I'd give them a call. You might be able to get a refurbed 622 or 722 but I dont think they'd hand over a new unit.

I think all this has to do with the way the website works. If you only have one TV, then the 722 or 722k aren't an option. You have to call in and be very specific. That's what I did. I wanted the 722k and the dual-OTA tuner module. Even on the phone they tried to talk me into a 722. I told them, no 722k, no Dish for me. So that's what went into the system.

On install, the installer had a 722k w/OTA module and a 322. The order got screwed up and they had me down for a 4 TV install. We got that straightened out. But when the installer called in for the final part of the setup, they said, no you can't have a 722k with only one TV. I said fine, take all your stuff and leave and I'll stay with Direct. Needless to say they weren't going to lose the deal, so whatever they did, I have the 722k w/OTA just like I ordered.

And for those that claim you can't get the equipment you want, well sometimes that is true especially if you already have Dish. But if you are a new, or returning from long hiatus from Dish, customer, you can specify what you want. But you may have to stick to your guns if they try to change that at install time.

As far as I was concerned, the 722 was the minimum I might have been talked into, but I wanted the dual-OTA and the 722k is the only current way to get it.

Lloyd

I think the first thing you guys need to do is demand an internal tech. Not all are great but generally there alot more willing to work with you on reciever models and work order modifications. Of course everyone is different but most dont really care what is getting put in as far as recievers go as long as there getting credit for the job.

My parents broke from cable and went with Dish Network. My dad said they installed a 222k. I told them to call back and ask for a 722. They promised a 722 next day. This of course did not happen and they spent a few days on the phone before getting an installer back out to the house. When he said the receiver was silver I asked him to read off the numbers and the installer gave them a 622.

My parents do not like to stir up problems but I feel they have been ripped off. What do you think? Are 622's still being installed on a regular basis? I'm concerned that they were given a refurb unit as I had heard that the well of new 622s dryed up months ago.

Ok..Leased eq customers are offered bew or rman equipement.
Certain times, various areas run out of equipment.
For example we ahd a few weeks where 625's were in short supply. 522 was the next best thing.
Your folks have not been "ripped off". Now if they had purchased a 722 and got a 622 ,that would be a different matter.
The only real differnce between a 722 and 622 is the capacity of the harddrive to store programs.
The tech showed up with what the compnay has in stock.
We have not stocked a 622 in quite some time. But our work orders for upgrades continue to state "622".
That means if that is what we have, that is what we will install.
BTW that "promise" you said you got from "they" was an unauthorized utterance by an irresponsible person.
I know because I asked the right people.

I think all this has to do with the way the website works. If you only have one TV, then the 722 or 722k aren't an option. You have to call in and be very specific. That's what I did. I wanted the 722k and the dual-OTA tuner module. Even on the phone they tried to talk me into a 722. I told them, no 722k, no Dish for me. So that's what went into the system.

On install, the installer had a 722k w/OTA module and a 322. The order got screwed up and they had me down for a 4 TV install. We got that straightened out. But when the installer called in for the final part of the setup, they said, no you can't have a 722k with only one TV. I said fine, take all your stuff and leave and I'll stay with Direct. Needless to say they weren't going to lose the deal, so whatever they did, I have the 722k w/OTA just like I ordered.

And for those that claim you can't get the equipment you want, well sometimes that is true especially if you already have Dish. But if you are a new, or returning from long hiatus from Dish, customer, you can specify what you want. But you may have to stick to your guns if they try to change that at install time.

As far as I was concerned, the 722 was the minimum I might have been talked into, but I wanted the dual-OTA and the 722k is the only current way to get it.

Lloyd

First, 99% of customers do not know to ask. You did your homework...Up to a certain point. If you'd have researched fully ,you'd have known that both 722's and the "k" version require an optional OTA module.
Both receivers have identical 350 hr Sd and 55 hr hd capacity Hard drives.
The only other real differnce is the 722k come with those "learning" ( HA) remotes.

DVR Satellite Receivers & HD DVR Receivers From DISH Network

I was gonna say... :)

The 722 has a single OTA built-in, just like the 622 did. The 722k requires and additional module to get any OTA at all. I wanted dual-OTA, the 722k had it, the 722 didn't.

I think I did my homework pretty good for an old f**t!!

Lloyd
Are you absolutely sure of yourself. Getting what ever you want?
ON numerous occasions I have upgraded customers with a dual tuner DVR to one tv.
NOw, first you state you sometimes can't get the equipment you want.
Then you say you can.
Ok fine, whatever.
From the standpoint of field personnel it is imperative that customers make up their mind what they want or at least alert the company BEFORE the tech gets there that they have changed their mind. Or upon precall at least tell the precaller you believe an error exists in the work order. This way we can fix it before hand.
The thrsut of this thread is simple. Under the lease agreement Dish installs what is available.
Fortunately wqe have always been able to purchase the most updated equipment. So even tho the work order states 622, we deliver 722k's. But that is not always the case and does not apply nationwide.
I find the part where apparently you allowed ther tech to complete the work then complained about the receiver and you then threatened to cancel particularly offensive.
There are procedures in place for situations such as this. The equpiment can be excahaged without delay if the tech happens to have extras of what you want on his truck at that time. Or if not the desired equipment can be ordered and shipped to the customer.
Threatening to cancel and therefore screwing the tech ( he would not get paid for his work) because you didn't get what you though you should get is not the right thing to do.
If you'd canceled and the tech did remove the equipment, it would have been a cold July day in Phoenix if he was going to reconnect your old setup. And there is nothing you could do about it.
In any event however poorly you went about it, I am certainly glad you decided to remain a Dish customer.
Enjoy your system. And if you ever have any questions, please post them here. We will help.

Now, I know you know better than that (not the 722).;)
Ya know what ..that is what I thought. But have a look at Dish's website. I went there to make sure I did not post a fib and look at this. Here is the description of the 722 and it very clearly says to recieve over the air there is an optional OTA module required. I had to check because it has been quite a while since I had seen a 722. We've been installing k's for a year ,maybe longer.
DVR Satellite Receivers & HD DVR Receivers From DISH Network
One other thing. I have no idea what this guy is refering to when he states "dual" OTA.
The optional OTA module we install has one input and one output.
If that is what is meant by dual, fine. But I don't think so.
BUt he thinks he got this mysterious dual OTA and he's happy, free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.

The optional OTA module we install has one input and one output.
If that is what is meant by dual, fine.

Dishcomm, you need to get to know your K's if you install them. The module splits to two (tuners) inside.;);)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)