New Install in Charlottesville, VA (What Will They Install?)

jdmcs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Charlottesville, VA
All,

I am thinking of subscribing to Dish again, after being a non-subscriber for several years. My head is spinning trying to figure out what Dish will install, so that I can be prepared for the install (and to make sure that I won't be in for a difficult time should I buy another TV soon). I think I am going to finally break down and subscribe to Dish again, before January 17, to lock in the current pricing for a year. That and I so want to watch the current season of Dr. Who (so looks like I have to go with a higher tier so I get BBC America... oh well).

Dish is currently running the offer of a free Hopper and free HD for life. I have two TVs, may buy a third soon, but don't want to pay for any additional receiver fees unnecessarily. [Dish still charges those, don't they? They make it very hard to figure out what they are these days!] I live in Charlottesville, VA, and I know Dish carries our SD locals, and think I have figured out they are on 129.

But that is as far as I have been able to figure out, as this Hopper thing is new. So if I tell Dish I have two TVs:
* what will the installer be installing?
* how difficult will it be to have the installer put the switch in my utility room (which is where my structured wiring cabinet is, and is where all of the RG-6 preinstalled in my house terminates)?
* what will I have to do to add a third TV in the near future (and would that require running more cable from the Dish to my utility room)?

I should note that I doubt the installer will perform a roof install; I live in a three-story townhouse (from the back) with an attached garage (basement level) and a "deck" off the [first-floor] kitchen. Instead, they will probably attach the dish to my "deck", and run the cable through my attached garage and into the utility room (which shares a wall with the garage).

You'll most likely get a 1000.2 dish installed with a Hopper and a Joey, and if you need a receiver for the 3rd TV you can get another Joey. The extra Joey will be $7/month.

As for the installer placing the switch, I guess it's up to him unless you tell him to put it where you want and if it's convenient and workable for him he'll most likely do it.
The extra Joey could run from the room it's in through the cable outlet in that room, be sure to tell installer your planning on adding another Joey or Hopper or Receiver in that room.

It's up to installer on where to install the dish.

If you install the third receiver after the initial install it will not be FREE there will be an installation charge usually $95 service call.

Get all the receivers you want for the next year at install otherwise you will pay full price for the additional receiver.

The rebates, bonus back money are all given, but is the price guaranteed for a year? It used to be your price went up whatever the package price increased, but got the same discount for the specified period....
So if a package special is $29.99 now, with discount, if that package inceases $5 is your cost now $34.99? I didn't think you actually are charged the discount AND get another $5 discount.... But I haven't looked at this for quite sometime.... That would make the AEP tremendously less than the new price. If the price is guaranteed I would think everyone should get the AEP package for the first year. ($45 a month less)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)