new install - low signal strength

freshley

Original poster
May 27, 2009
lebanon, pa
I just got dish installed today and they installed a pole mount and the installer said I'm setup for the eastern arc. I had directv before and the install of this 722k seems odd to me. There is only one rg6 connected to the receiver. At this time I don't have another TV setup but in a couple of weeks I will. How does this other tv get the signal? Does a line need to be run from the tv to the receiver or as long as the tv is connected on the same circuit as the rest of the house will it work?
There are 2 wires coming off of the dish but he only ran one into the house.

Also my signal strength seems low. I know with my directv I was getting a signal of 94 out of 100 on a clear day. The dish setup is a little weird where it shows a strength for each sat. I'm getting:
sat 77 echostar 77w strength of 48 out of 125
sat 72 echostar 72.7w strength of 52 out of 125
sat 61.5 echostar 61.5 strength between 8-30 out of 125

These seem really low for a nice clear night. I'm in the 17046 (lebanon, PA) area if that helps anyone. I don't want to have problems when it rains or something.

Thanks

Signal strength is low for 61.5
If memory serves, the 1000.4 lnb has three out ports for three receivers, one coax for each STB.

EDIT: you should check TP29 for the signal strength on 61.5...it should be above 50

Dish offers a 90 warranty with any install work so if worried call them up and get another tech out to check your setup and get that signal upped.

The signal meter has been changed to be more uniform and a 50 is comparable to what 80 or 85 used to be. DISH should reduce their meter scale to around 75 now to end the confusion. Your signals should be higher on 61.5, but your 72.7 and 77 sats sounds like what I get in southeast Texas. Scott G. says he gets around 60 for his 72.7 sat, and he is in Connecticut. Depending on where you are in the country the further south or the further north you go , the sat signal gets weaker . But your 61.5 sat is definitely too low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts