new install of 119 110 and 61.5

oberon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
after having voom for some time I decided to switch to dishnetwork I bought a used dish500 and hooked it up along with my voom dish with a sw21 switch and when I do a switch check it says only one dish found at 61.5 now my question is will it see the dish500 if its not locked on to the sats and if it should could the lnb on the dish 500 be bad

First run a switch check with nothing hooked up to the receiver... then Find 119 first with the dish 500 ( with out the sw21 hooked up) then check to see if it sees 110 if so... then hook up sw21 and do another switch check... Btw... welcome to SatelliteGuys...

I checked the lnb and there is no dishpro logo on it so I would think its legacy I bypassed the switch and ground block to be be sure and I just cant get any singal

I got a used D500 for my 61.5 install and had a heck of a time getting a signal the first time, then I read a post where some of the D500's elevation markings were off so I got my speed square out and checked the angle and sure enough, my 35 degree elevation on the dish was off by 4-5 degrees, I then corrected using the square and Viola... signal.

My old man is trying to add D500 for 110 and 119 to his 61.5 and having a hell of a time trying to figure this thing out.
If there is no Dish Pro logo on the dish and it came with two SW21's does that mean that this is a Legacy setup? it came with 2 dual LNBFs.
He wants to run it all to one receiver (301). Are those switches enough or does he need anything else?
Please help!!!

If someone could tell me step by step how to go about hooking these damn things up I would greatly appreciate it.
With Legacy setup I dont need to check switches first, or do I?

mszumins said:
My old man is trying to add D500 for 110 and 119 to his 61.5 and having a hell of a time trying to figure this thing out.
If there is no Dish Pro logo on the dish and it came with two SW21's does that mean that this is a Legacy setup? it came with 2 dual LNBFs.
He wants to run it all to one receiver (301). Are those switches enough or does he need anything else?
Please help!!!
That Dish 500 configuration is the origional 2 duals setup and yes, it is legacy. An SW21 will allow a receiver to switch between 2 satellites or between a different type of switch that is itself switching 2 or 3 satellites and another satellite for a total of 3 or 4 (SW21 4-Sat not supported by all receivers). It is not possible to use 2 SW21s to get 3 satellites, so he will be needing something more. If his 61.5 LNB is also legacy,

- get a Microyal SW21X for the Dish500, cascade it with an SW21
- get an SW64 (overkill for one receiver, all LNBs must be legacy duals)
- replace the duals with a legacy Twin, cascade with an SW21

Lots more detail in Larry's adding 61.5 post which should make more sense now that you know what you have. It's also archived on the EKB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts