New Install q's: cable quality, pricing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

r8d

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
I'm switching from E* to CV next tuesday. When E* did their install last year, they used brand new high quality cable. I have existing really old and probably poor cable hooked up in my house already from the previous owner. Will the tech install new cable or try to use my old hookups? I'm thinking about removing all the old cable to force them to use something newer and better. But if they would do it anyway, I don't want to waste my time. What do you think?

I'm getting triple play. It's $30 a month for each. I'm getting one HD DVR, one SD DVR and one standard box. Any idea what my monthly bill is going to look like? Is it $9.95 total per month for have the DVR's or is it $9.95 per DVR + the cost for the other box?

Thanks.

It is 9.95 for each DVR plus the rental fee for all 3 boxes. I would get rid of the old cable so they have to put in new ones. I know they test the cable signal before they install. If they give you new cable it will probably get better picture. I think Cablevison needs more HD options but otherwise it is a great service. I have all three products also plus 2 DVR's. I would give up my DVR for anything.

How much is the rental fee? How much is your bill after taxes and fees? I just want to get an idea so I can prepare to get yelled at by the boss.

Beware of CV Come-ons

I switched to CV about one year ago from D*. I received the "double play" discount because I also have CV Optonline. I was unceremoniously advised today that my double pay discount expired in mid April and that I now have the pleasure of paying $33 more per month for the sevice! In other words, don't count on your triple play - it's just a come-on.

Martin21

martin21 said:
I switched to CV about one year ago from D*. I received the "double play" discount because I also have CV Optonline. I was unceremoniously advised today that my double pay discount expired in mid April and that I now have the pleasure of paying $33 more per month for the sevice! In other words, don't count on your triple play - it's just a come-on.

Martin21

Those promos are for one year. I don't see were that is a come-on. You should have known that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)