New install questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smeagal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Will voom supply a dvi cable with install? Also i have a lot of trees around my apt complex does anyone know about how far to the left (of say directv... i know 101 and 61.5) it has to point??? hoping to just make it past a tree line.

smeagal said:
Will voom supply a dvi cable with install? Also i have a lot of trees around my apt complex does anyone know about how far to the left (of say directv... i know 101 and 61.5) it has to point??? hoping to just make it past a tree line.

Yes, make sure you get it.

smeagal said:

Voom will provide a DVI cable although their cable would not work with my TV and they said it was my DVI port on my tv. I went and bought a pair of DVI/400 monster cables and it started working on and off... I then read on this forum alot of ppl were having the same problems and they said it was Voom having problems with compatibality on certain TV's. But when i reboot my receiver it works fine. Also about the trees, iam in the same boat as you. My dish works fine now, but iam concerned about when the leaves start blooming, so i'll have to wait and see. Someone from Direct tv gave me this good analogy of the difference in distance between voom and D*. Picture a clock: Voom at 12:00 and then D* at around 2-2:30. Supposedely D*points more skyward as Voom more almost straight, so iam hoping my trees will be bypassed also. Good luck to you.

Thanks. good analogy bye the way. I think I actually may be able to clear those trees if installer is any good. (Wife thinks it's all crazy but had this hdtv for a year and no hdtv programming) dish came out and sad line of sight was bad but that was for 119 and 110 I think.

smeagal said:
Thanks. good analogy bye the way. I think I actually may be able to clear those trees if installer is any good. (Wife thinks it's all crazy but had this hdtv for a year and no hdtv programming) dish came out and sad line of sight was bad but that was for 119 and 110 I think.

Iam hoping the same for me. My installer was good as well, instead of installing the dish on my patio bar he placed it on the side of the wall. I live in an apartment myself on the second level....I'll just have to wait for summer to know for sure. And welcome to Voom. Your going to love all the HD channels and i had no problem at all getting all my locals including the ones in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)