New install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no, that is not true. D* is making it harder and harder to get OTA intergrated into their system. they dont want anything to do with it anymore.

that RF antenna may be a reference to the WIFI antenna.

No but they did tell me that I can replicate if I want to like my current system I can add tuners to the genie with there two genie system
Not surprising you were told that, when you order dtv @ sams club, costco, bestbuy you are being sold your system by a 3rd party (smart circle) assume everything they told you was a lie. I would call dtv before everything is installed to confirm prices, programming, receiver capabilities, etc.

Hold on hold on.... aside from the two genies everything else he was told has been true, let's not confuse him.

The way it works with directv, it's going to end up cheaper to do everything on the initial install, adding stuff down the road (baring two years later) is at full price. So how many tuners do you really want, and depending on where he is at he may have dswm lnbs. And if necessary he can always provide one himself to make the install easier.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not surprising you were told that, when you order dtv @ sams club, costco, bestbuy you are being sold your system by a 3rd party (smart circle) assume everything they told you was a lie. I would call dtv before everything is installed to confirm prices, programming, receiver capabilities, etc.

Not a lie, but more of a lack of intelligent sales people

so what exactly is an rf antenna then if it not for over the air Antennas and what is this DIRECTV® HD EXTRA PACK that I saw listed when I was seeing why I have not received my order conformation email I could get Wi-Fi to the genie system where it will be installed however will at best have one bar of Wi-Fi if posited correctly in media room is on the bottom floor of a three floor house that has thick walls on the bottom floor I could buy a repeater to work with my Asus ac-rt86 router currently about 99% of the house is wired with cat 6 cable as I got that installed when I was getting my electrical system upgraded from the 1950’s electrical wiring that was in the place and it all terminates in the office/network hub where all the various cable and network gear resides as well as the various ups system resided for the server and the network gear as well as all the telephone wires for the various phone jacks I have in each room of the house. The only thing that does not terminate there is the current dish set up and install as I would rather save the expense, and since the wring standers always change for what they want and the requirements for the wires and the cabling standers I would not mind ripping out the wires myself however if the installer will replace all the wire that goes form the dish and then goes outside the house to the various rooms however how the current dish set up is I would have to borrow a boom truck to rip out the wire from the third floor as that where the dishes is and then it runs from outside the network/office to the various rooms where the dish system is installed. I currently use depending on the night on what being recorded anywhere between three or four tuners sometimes 6 depending on what my kids are wanting to watch and record. Does direct v ever plan on introducing an over the air antenna I do not mind connecting it to tv as before the dish over the air antenna module was installed it went off the outdoor powered antenna I had on my roof

Additional hr24s is the only way as opposed to clients, the play lists will share but the to do lists wont. I run a genie and 3 24s for all intensive purposes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alright another question can the direct tv install tech use the same dish mount that the current dish is using as I would prefer to not have another dish installed on the roof

Depends upon which mount the old dish used. A slimline dish requires a 2" mast. If you old mast is 1 5/8", then it will have to be replaced. They can remove the old dish and mast, leaving the mounting plate so that there will be no chance of leaks.

So a total of 10 tuners which if I recall the direct tv system can really Sopport that many tunes on a line and will the tech clean up the lines when he tuning and swapping out there a bunch of old lines for older dish install systems
Dish is definitely better equip and service along with much better price, hopper3 has 16 tuners you can add an ota mod and ptatfor a total of 20 tuners.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It looks like based on taking to direct tv tech Sopport the he-54 has an included over the attena is that true and is it enabled ?

Nope. The last receiver to have OTA built in was the HR20. There is an add-on receiver (AM21) that still works and will integrate some OTA programming into the guide, but it is technically no longer sold and not the easiest (or cheapest) to find. There is also much chatter on forums such as this about the AM21 and HR54 not getting along, but I don't know much about that personally. They used to give the AM21 away! I am thinking the RF antenna in your pic is for the RF remote functionality.

Edit: I just looked at this thread and the quoted post was the last one when I looked! So I repeated everything again... my bad.

Alright another question can the direct tv install tech use the same dish mount that the current dish is using as I would prefer to not have another dish installed on the roof
Also depends on location, where dish found good line of sight to the satellite might not be good for dtv. If you got open skies no trees or your house blocking the south east sky (assuming you live in Yakima WA as your profile indicates) then you should be good to go.

Alraoght what about that had extra pack does anyone have it or overall is it just a waste of money and 2. Is the only difference between the hr-54 and the hr-44 is the deducted swim

there are no trees as my house is the biggest on the block and the nearest tree for that height don't face the south eastern sky

Alraoght what about that had extra pack does anyone have it or overall is it just a waste of money and 2. Is the only difference between the hr-54 and the hr-44 is the deducted swim
Whether it's worth it or not is for you to determine. I like it, others may not.

Not sure what your question is here. The difference between the HR54 and HR44 that the HR54 can carry linear 4k channels when they come out. The HR44 can't.

The HD Extra pack can usually be had for free. Just sign up on-line for the 3 month free trial. Cancel it prior to the end of the 3 months, wait a day or two, then sign up for it again for free. This is what most folks do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)