new install tomorrow and have a question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

4tide1

Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
I am having Direct installed tomorrow and have a question about MRV. How exactly will the hookup be to get this working. I will have a hr24 and a h24. I have a wireless router but also have an Ethernet cable at the location of the hr24.I was told that you are not to use the Ethernet cable because if will cause problems and only use the cinema connection kit Direct supplies.Is this correct and why. It would seem the cable would be better than the connection kit which I assume is wireless. Also do u use the connection kit to network with your home computer?

I am using Ethernet with zero problems, but if you go that route, Directv will not support it IF you have any problems.

Since you are a new install, I would just let them hook it up with DECA.

They'll run a cable to your router location and install the "cinema connection kit" there. Basically it's an ethernet to cable converter. Your receivers will talk to each other over the coax so there's no need to have an ethernet connection at each receiver location. Let them do it this way, not just because it's the officially supported method, but also because it puts your receivers on the network in such a way that the network traffic between them is pretty isolated making the streaming of content from the DVR to the receiver more efficient. And just because I'm a network weenie, I put my PC on the DECA cloud with my receivers to look at speed and I was seeing up to 250Mb/s between receivers. So the coax appears to have plenty of bandwidth available for this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)