New install....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tashafan

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Minooka, IL
Hello fellow Voomers:

I had been visiting this forum for some time now and after considerable debate I choose to take the jump and finally order Voom today. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I can't wait to watch all of the HD programming and nervous because of all of the horror stories associated with a new install.

I am located in Minooka which is a suburb of Chicago. My install date is currently set for 4/11 AM and the company which is going to perform this installation goes by the name of ECB. I was wondering if any one out there has any input on ECB and if there's anything I can do to make this a smooth installation.

Thanks,

Tashafan.

This might be a good thread to try for current local info on installations and/or reception (once you're installed)http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=14971. There may be other "Chicago area" threads in the In Your Area forum, this is just the first one I came across...try setting your "search" for posts from several weeks (or months) back. Good luck on your install!! Keep us all posted on how it goes! Vicki

What a joke. I worked with Direct Satellite and order upgraded equipment i.e. 24" satellite and OTA with pre amp, all of which was okayed by Voom. I was schedule for 4/6/05 AM install with one of their good installer. On 4/5/05 I received a call from Voom confirming my install for 4/6/05 PM install and I told them that I am expecting install folks to arrive at AM. This should have raised a red flag.

This morning around 10:40 AM I received a call from a gentleman asking me for directions and his name didn't match with the installer who was supposed to be coming in for install in the morning. He told me that he was being dispatched from a company called Aircom (I believe) and is not aware of any special equipment that I asked for. I told him that I had several conversations with folks at Direct Satellite and they had all of the equipment I asked for. Installer from Aircom was not aware of any such information and was just made aware of this install/ dispatch yesterday. So next I called Direct Satellite and was told that "Voom" called yesterday and request to cancel my install with no reason and they still have the equipment I asked for and could still do the install.

Next I called Voom who was the most uninformed of all parties. I explain them what is going on and after talking to couple of folks and a supervisor I was told that Direct Satellite is going to perform my install, but either Voom or Install Inc. were not able to get a hold of Direct Satellite. BTW Install Inc and Voom are still not aware of what happened. So I called Direct Satellite who reschedules my install for Monday PM with all of the equipment I originally asked for.

No wonder people are so petrified of ordering Voom.

the only way that Aircom could have even got you order is that Direct Satellite refused in the system and that is why they had it sound to me like everything was ship to direct satellite you upgraded dish and that is why Aircom did have it.

t

I have been VOOMING for a year now and finally ordered set-up for another room. Will carry VOOM to my upstairs TV. Install is Saturday. Looking forward to it. Now if we could just get a DVR.....

TYORK said:
the only way that Aircom could have even got you order is that Direct Satellite refused in the system and that is why they had it sound to me like everything was ship to direct satellite you upgraded dish and that is why Aircom did have it.

t
Actually TYORK, Installs Inc has more times than can be counted "pulled" jobs from an installers DOLI account without any notice, so please don't assume the first assigned installers are refusing the jobs in DOLI, and causing these mistakes, that isn't always true.
Installs Inc. takes action when ever a installer declines a job, and those jobs are reassigned very quickly.
Sounds like DigitalSatellite fully intended to take care of the customer then someone at Installs Inc. messed up and cancelled it with them and sent it off to Aircom, for who really knows why. As you know, rarely are there special approved upgrade notes from Installs Inc. on any new install order with special requests for upgrades unless it's a SERVICE call order, so no wonder Aircom didn't know of any special upgrades.

BTW, great job with helping everyone out on this site with your time and resources in getting things done.. You rock!

sat4me said:
Actually TYORK, Installs Inc has more times than can be counted "pulled" jobs from an installers DOLI account without any notice, so please don't assume the first assigned installers are refusing the jobs in DOLI, and causing these mistakes, that isn't always true.
Installs Inc. takes action when ever a installer declines a job, and those jobs are reassigned very quickly.
Sounds like DigitalSatellite fully intended to take care of the customer then someone at Installs Inc. messed up and cancelled it with them and sent it off to Aircom, for who really knows why. As you know, rarely are there special approved upgrade notes from Installs Inc. on any new install order with special requests for upgrades unless it's a SERVICE call order, so no wonder Aircom didn't know of any special upgrades.

BTW, great job with helping everyone out on this site with your time and resources in getting things done.. You rock!

Thanks,

Yes this could have happen also i just know that for some reason this company have been refusing jobs at the last minute and than they throw it on someelse to do and the second company don't have the stuff to do the job or have no clue what is going on.

t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)