New Install

He tried a second adapter but could never get it to work.

In order to get OTA channels on each of the Hopper3 guides, the coax from the antenna would go through a splitter and then be connected to the OTA adapter connected to each Hopper3 receiver.

The Joey 3 Guide should be the same as the Hopper3 guide that it is Linked to. So make sure that your Joey 3 is connected to the correct Hopper3. You do this on the Joey 3 by selecting Whole Home on the Diagnostics screen and linking it to the correct Hopper3 receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My installer left the mast and struts and dish and installed the hybrid EA LNB with some sort of adapter/collar made for this purpose.

Yup.

A Hybrid LNB is not designed for and does not get full signals on a 1000.4 dish. You can kludge it but it's not supported by DISH and it really doesn't work quite right.

You can kludge it but it's not supported by DISH and it really doesn't work quite right.

Interesting comment. What symptoms should I look for? The new hybrid LNB with newly-peaked dish works better than it did before with my VIP receivers.

Interesting comment. What symptoms should I look for? The new hybrid LNB with newly-peaked dish works better than it did before with my VIP receivers.

Usually the signal numbers are 10 points lower than a regular 1000.2. You should see at least all high 50's and 60's on 72 and mostly higher numbers than that on 61.5.

Reactions: HipKat
Then the tech should have left you the Dish he didn’t use.

After all they provided the tech with a dish to use with your install.

If the tech didn’t install it, he is likely keeping it.

Ummmmm, what!?? Lol, Although he should not have used the .4 dish, And I don’t understand the adapter which makes me think that it was already on an adapter on a super dish mast, Since the short mast that every 1000.2 dish goes on is called a 1000.4 mast, It’s not like there is a an assigned dish kit per customer. That’s like saying if he didn’t use all new cable then he was really keeping the cable that was assigned for that install LOL

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I’d ask here.

The H3 in the basement is hardwired to the router.

The H3 in livingroom and J3 are connected via MoCA. These two are linked.

What is the maximum speed of internet via MoCA on the H3 in the living room?

Wasn’t sure if I would be better to connect that via WiFi. I have gig speed internet and normally get about 500Mbps over WiFi throughout house.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, H3 in basement is hardwired to router in basement which is also in basement. Netgear Orbi system. H3 in livingroom is linked with J3 upstairs both connected via MoCA.

Yes, H3 in basement is hardwired to router in basement which is also in basement. Netgear Orbi system. H3 in livingroom is linked with J3 upstairs both connected via MoCA.
Male sure bridging is enabled on the hard wired hopper in the basement, and disabled on the other. Also make sure neither hopper is connected to your Wi-Fi. Having both a wired and wireless connection to your internet can mess things up. You can find bridging under the network settings in the hopper menu.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I’m sure I’m not understanding what you wrote so I apologize in advance.

Right now, the H3 in the basement is sitting right next to the router (Orbi) hard wire.

The H3 (livingroom) on the floor above is connected to the internet via MoCA. The J3 is a floor above that and also connected via MoCA. These two are linked under settings.

I see no disable bridge setting on the H3 in the living room.

Right now nothing Dish related is connected via WiFi.

The reason for my initial post was to determine if I can place the second H3 (living room) on WiFi to increase internet speeds. I was curious what the speed limitations of MoCA were as I have a gig internet speed. I downloaded a 4K movie from Epics but it seemed to be locked at 175Mbps. Wasn’t sure if the limitation was from the Epics server or a limitation or MoCA.

If switching the second H3 to WiFi causes a stability issue then I’ll ignore.

Thanks,
Male sure bridging is enabled on the hard wired hopper in the basement, and disabled on the other. Also make sure neither hopper is connected to your Wi-Fi. Having both a wired and wireless connection to your internet can mess things up. You can find bridging under the network settings in the hopper menu.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

No, you can't do that. Only 1 hopper can be connected. You can't have both Hoppers connected to the same Network at the same time. Now what you CAN do is have a 2nd separate network or install a mesh system, which is what I use with one node at the router and one at the Hopper so I get maximum speed

Why not, I have always had ALL my Hoppers & Joeys directly connected to my router ever since the Hopper first was released as there was no bridging then.
Each one, individually connected?? It's a miracle it works, especially lately as the last Hopper/Sling software is causing a lot of Network errors, but I've seen more problems with multiple Hoppers connected to the same Network first hand over the years

So I’ve had dish for a few days now and everything is working good.

Just thought I would give my feedback in the event someone else is considering the jump to Dish.

The biggest complaint I saw was the picture quality vs Direct. My buddy has direct and the same tv as me. I see zero difference in picture quality. There are a few channels that are not in HD but every major network is in HD.

The Hopper is hands down no contest vs the genie. Multiview, 16 tuners, and way faster.

My only complaint is the guide. I wish they offered a sort feature.

Just thought I would give my feedback in the event someone else is considering the jump to Dish.

The biggest complaint I saw was the picture quality vs Direct. My buddy has direct and the same tv as me. I see zero difference in picture quality. There are a few channels that are not in HD but every major network is in HD.

The Hopper is hands down no contest vs the genie. Multiview, 16 tuners, and way faster.

You can sort by channel number ascending or descending, how else would you sort the guide?

When you're in the guide, press options on the remote and you'll see ways to change the guide. Also record Hopper 3 Insider on Ch 103 one time. It'll teach you everything about how the hopper works and the things you can do with it

This only allows you to sort high to low or low to high. Something similar to this would be more ideal:

F3ABAED6-0E4D-4C97-AA0A-587F484F1D5B.jpeg

When you're in the guide, press options on the remote and you'll see ways to change the guide. Also record Hopper 3 Insider on Ch 103 one time. It'll teach you everything about how the hopper works and the things you can do with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)