New Installation - One Dish 1000+ vs. Two Dish 500+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

justthinking

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
I had dish for about 4 years in Houston and never had any problem with signal strength.
Now I am back in SF Bay Area, and have scheduled for a new installation with Dish for this Saturday, I would like to know what kind of signal level can I expect.
My new installation work order shows that I will be getting the Dish 1000+ kit.
Will this single dish handles all 3 satellites (110, 119 & 129) at good signal level?
Should I ask the installer to install two Dish 500+ instead? (One for 110/119 and the other one for 129 only)

Also, I was hoping to sign up for the Cinemax for a penny promotion but was told I have to wait until service is established before I can join the promotion.
The CSR said he is going to put me on the HBO & Cinemax free for 3 month promotion and once service is established,
I can call them to cancel HBO & Clinemax and sign up for the penny promo. Is this true?

Right now I have 3 TVs and I am getting one ViP722 and two ViP211.
My house is pre-wired for 4 outputs in 4 different rooms and the cables are currently connected to a 1 to 4 cable splitter in the attic.
What I hope for is to have dish installed on the roof, run the cables to the attic, have DPP44 installed in the attic and use the existing 4 cables for 4 different rooms.
I would also like to feed the ViP722 with only 1 cable and have the technician install a DPP Seperator.
Lastly, what should I do if I decide to add a 4th TV? If I call Dish and tell them that I need an additional receiver for the 4th TV later on, what can I expect?

Last edited:
If you want the Cinemax for a penny promo, *DO NOT* sign up for the free HBO/Cinemax for 3 monts promo. They will not let you get the cinemax for a penny deal if you've had any other cinemax promos within the last 6 (i believe) months.

I had dish for about 4 years in Houston and never had any problem with signal strength.
Now I am back in SF Bay Area, and have scheduled for a new installation with Dish for this Saturday, I would like to know what kind of signal level can I expect.
My new installation work order shows that I will be getting the Dish 1000+ kit.
Will this single dish handles all 3 satellites (110, 119 & 129) at good signal level?
Should I ask the installer to install two Dish 500+ instead? (One for 110/119 and the other one for 129 only)

Also, I was hoping to sign up for the Cinemax for a penny promotion but was told I have to wait until service is established before I can join the promotion.
The CSR said he is going to put me on the HBO & Cinemax free for 3 month promotion and once service is established,
I can call them to cancel HBO & Clinemax and sign up for the penny promo. Is this true?

Right now I have 3 TVs and I am getting one ViP722 and two ViP211.
My house is pre-wired for 4 outputs in 4 different rooms and the cables are currently connected to a 1 to 4 cable splitter in the attic.
What I hope for is to have dish installed on the roof, run the cables to the attic, have DPP44 installed in the attic and use the existing 4 cables for 4 different rooms.
I would also like to feed the ViP722 with only 1 cable and have the technician install a DPP Seperator.
Lastly, what should I do if I decide to add a 4th TV? If I call Dish and tell them that I need an additional receiver for the 4th TV later on, what can I expect?

If your work order shows that a 1000+ is to be installed, than that is what you should use. A 1000+ receives 4 satellites, 118 being the 4th that is probably SF HD locals. The 1000+ is just a 500+ with satellite 129 added to it.
As for the wiring in your house, it sounds like everything is good to go for wiring the way you want it done.
As for a 4th tv later, you will have to buy it, as DN has a 4 tuner lease policy, which you will achieve with this setup. You can hook up the 2nd tuner of the 722 to another TV though, if you would want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)