New Installation - Satellite + Hopper

Mbamalaka

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Point roberts, WA
Dear All,
I am a do-it myself guy that is trying to sort this problem out by myself.... I know it would just take a call to dish, send a technician and problem solved but I feel I am close and want to find the solution myself.

So I bought a townhouse and there is only authorization to set satellites around the backdoor. The previous owner had a different company satellite installed (82W 91W). I had tested the signal with my "dish align" app and where the satellite is installed there is not possible to get 110w - 119w but the Eastern Arc seems to work.

So I am about to buy the hopper + Sling and a new 1000.2 Eastern Arc Antenna. Will this sound like a compatible solution? Will Hopper and Eastern Arc work and be able to get most of the channels? ow will you just recommend a different solution... Thanks for the help!!!

Yes. 1000.2 EA gets you 61.5 and 72.7 which will be all you need.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yes, thanks... I got the Node. The node is standard right? (same for Eastern and Western?)
I also have this SW44 switch + the Power inserter currently connected... what is that for? Will I need that or shall I just discard those?
photo.JPG

SW44 won't work with Hopper. You won't need a switch anyway as the 1000.x LNBFs have built-in switches. All nodes work on both arcs. What matters is how many Hoppers you want. If you only want one, then you will need a Solo Node. If you want two, then you will need a Duo Node.

thanks guys. any additional tips will be appreciated.
Alignment of the antenna will be a challenge should you attempt to use a meter not designed for multi-sat set ups.
I noted your location..Got a question. It appears that in order for you to drive to any point in the rest of Washington state, you must drive into Canada and then back into the US. Is that correct? And if so, is it not a hassle for you folks? According to the maps, you are isolated from the rest of the US...So, how does it work? Is there some sort of special consideration for Point Roberts residents?
Oh, dishpointer.com is a good reference to find your azimuth and elevation....for Dish alignment
For Eastern Arc your elevation is 16.4*with an azimuth of 105*.....

Last edited:
@dishman Nice SW44!

Picture is correct, do it just like that. You won't know whether all your programming is available on 1k2 EA unless you call in or until you set it up.

What kind of mount are you using?

In WA you probably won't get locals, and any trees nearby might pose a problem. What's the elevation, something like 24? I know elevation at 36 can even be a problem here, and Phoenix certainly doesn't have trees like WA.

Thanks a lot for all the help

I believe it is the standard mount

• W2 Improved Mounting Mast/Foot, I was planning to install during the weekend but massive rain stopped me... I'll try today that looks good! Family is without TV and my head has a price now :popcorn

?

I noted your location..Got a question. It appears that in order for you to drive to any point in the rest of Washington state, you must drive into Canada and then back into the US. Is that correct?

Yep, it is a challenge... gotta cross the border (immigration agents) every time and kids go to Canadian Schools :) Oh Canada!

and for lots of services (but the loyal US Post Office) it's not worth to come here....

After reading this I had to check it out and I must say that this is a very interesting place. Being cutoff from the US because of the Canadian border is odd but I also found the ferries that run to all those islands pretty cool.

Hi Guys, additional question... I already got all the elements requires (I believe). Hopper, Joey, Node and order my Dish1000.2 antenna, which I am waiting to arrive to be installed...
The issue I have so far is this... while I wait for the new satellite to arrive I have a Dish500 antenna connected... but the only thing I get so far is some music, and a menu showing the promo channels (no actual channels... just the promo). Also I got a message saying Node: Not connected
preview.jpg
I wasn't expecting to get signal until the new antenna arrives but...the node not connected message looks weird? Is that correct? Perhaps old satellites like Dish 500 do not recognize nodes... not sure what to think now... thanks.

(Basically I connected the Satellite to the node and the node to the hopper)

Looks like the old dish has DP equipment. The nodes are only compatible with DPP equipment.

Also... I'm sure you already know this but... 91 is not a Dish satellite.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

After reading this I had to check it out and I must say that this is a very interesting place. Being cutoff from the US because of the Canadian border is odd but I also found the ferries that run to all those islands pretty cool.
Yep, very nice natural area, lots of water, trees and canadians around :) .... as wikipedia calls us... A geopolitical oddity!

Hi Guys, so I got my 1000.2 EA Satellite ... now have a question...
eastern.JPG

solo.jpg
I connected both of them and received the Node not detected message... perhaps I am doing the connection wrong (or node is damaged)...

Just to confirm... which one of the outputs from the LBNF go to the HOST on the solo node? I assumed like in the western arc is theoutput to the far right...but still get the node not detected... the eastern arc lbnf does not show clearly which one is the output to go to the Host....

Any direction will be appreciated... thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)