New Installation - Satellite + Hopper

Ok, how could I argue with a sub that has been installing longer than Echostar. Anyways, what's it matter now. Just seemed to make sense numerically, you know 1 coming before 2. I guess once I've been installing 23 more years I'll put my opinion forward again.

I'm not a sub, it's called a RETAILER, and yes, I was installing Echostar Tracker C Band receivers and 10 ft dishes when you were probably in grade school or maybe even before then.

So you decide to jump in this thread and contradict the info I gave to the OP with your bad info that just looked like an attempt by you to pick a fight. Then when you're proven wrong you start the bad attitude personal attacks and refuse to admit that you're wrong, and worse, what you said about the LNB ports was just plain ridiculous in addition to being wrong. That's just sad.

I used to pay attention to your posts and thought that you might actually have a clue but that has passed. Hope you had fun in this thread showing your true colors. It's been very illuminating.

Last edited:
No bad attitude here. That's just the way DNS teaches it.

Personally, any installer that does good installs is fine by me.

I do apologize. I did not mean to offend you personally.

When I posted I was looking at a 1k4 installation manual that came with a box of reflectors from 2009. On pointing (page 5), paraphrased, it says "use port 2 to point, but if your meter does not put out at least 600 mA you must also power port 1". On connecting receivers (page 7) it does say "Connect a cable from Port 1 (or Port 2 or Port 3) to a DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus satellite receiver's Satellite In Connections."

I guess we're both right since installation merely implies the use of Port 1, but does not mandate it for receivers providing adequate voltage.

DPP Twin is 119 port 1 / 110 port 2. DPP 1k.2/1k.4 WA are 119 port 1 / 110 port 2 / 129 port 3. 1k.4 EA is 77 / 72.7 / 61.5. 1k.2 EA is 72.7 / 61.5 / 72.7. I have never heard of the DPP LNBs requiring power on any one particular port. It makes sense to hook up ports 2 and 3 on the 1k.4 EA in anticipation of using a DPP44, as that will provide 72.7/61.5 to the switch.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Only if you need the external switch for 4+ receivers, otherwise integrated switch will work on any port.

Like I said, I was just parroting DNS training.

mmm... seems that I got screwed... I bought a leased Joey :rant:

There have been enough notices posted on this forum to check the R00# before bidding on ebay. You just need to do more reading or ask more questions. Your only hope is ebay buyer protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)