New installation tomorrow... any suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

codezion

Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Hi everyone, I have searched through the forums to look for a particular thread that talked about all the things to do or look out for in a new installation. I just can't find it though.

So anyways, I am getting a new installation of 622 tomorrow. I was told that I will get two dish 500's to catch 61.5, 148, 119, and something else satellites. I asked them to give me a 500+ or a 1000+ but they told me that it's not available for me yet? I'll get it (supposedly) free when it comes out. I am hoping that the installer would help me so that I can hook up two TVs and make use of the two tuners.

So what I want to know is that should there be something that I need to make sure happens or doesn't happen tomorrow? I am moving out of my local cable because I am so tired of regular house calls and appointments to fix things that they keep on breaking. I know this is last minute thing but still any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Your Zip code will help us a lot. However if you were told you are getting 2 dish 500's, most likely it will be one for the core channels/locals-119 and 110 and one for 61.5.

Also another thing is you will not get a 500+ or 1000+ unless Local HD's become available in your dma or you sub. to the internationals that will be on 118.7.

Whoops! I just updated my profile. I'm in STL and my zip is 63123.

I called Dish and they said that 4 locals are available in HD but I still wasn't going to get 500+ or 1000+.

Thanks for your response.

codezion said:
Whoops! I just updated my profile. I'm in STL and my zip is 63123.

I called Dish and they said that 4 locals are available in HD but I still wasn't going to get 500+ or 1000+.

Thanks for your response.
Well, if you're going to be getting those HD locals, then you WILL be getting a Plus Dish (see 7/5/06 note - bullet #5 at http://www.dishchannelchart.com) - do NOT let them screw you!

Screwed? Well I got screwed in a lot of ways. I asked the guy about 1000+ and he told me that none of the contractors in STL has 1000+ to install. He was however kind enough to call Dish to let them know that I will be calling for a free upgrade once it is made available.

Not only that, I got my 622 and everything was fine for a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden it died!!! That's right... ALL DEAD. No power at all. I've tried every trick of unplugging from power to holding the power button for a few seconds to removing every cable to try to power on but nothing works. So I don't have any service right now anyways. I'll search through the forums to see if there's any info on this issue or not. Otherwise I'll post a new thread for this.

Dish has agreed to send me a new receiver so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your help.

Ke4est - thanks for your sympathy. Here's an update on my situation if anyone cares to know :)

I got the new receiver in mail and was able to activate it fine yesterday. However, after everything was activated, I noticed that my international channels weren't coming through and not in the guide either. After a little discussion with the tech support I came to learn that the installer didn't install another dish for the international channels. :( I have a Dish1000 right now. The tech support told me that if I have Dish 1000+ then I should be ok since I will get those channels on 118.7. But here's the kicker!!! She said that I *might* get those channels since all of them aren't migrated over to 118. She didn't know which ones either so it was basically a luck of the draw whether I'll get them or not. Hmm!!! Crazy? I think so. So anyways, I have the installer coming out again in two weeks to take care of that. What was also crazy was that the installer (who was very nice and informative) told me that the internationals would come through after a while since my receiver would need to do lot of updates. I think he should have known that the satellite I need for internationals wasn't hooked up! Oh well... the saga continues. Now that this is still on, I'll come back and let you all know how the rest of the story goes.

:)

What international channels are you suppose to be getting?
Remember that the channel numbers will be different on different satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts