new installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
I now have my 10 foot dish installed with operator. Had trouble handling this much dish. I have ordered the Fotec Star Platinum receiver and I expect it to arrive about Tuesday. I have the wire and ground block. What else will I need ? Will I need a v box to move the dish and the instrument to locate the various transponders. Would you let me know how to wire this up and what I need in disec switches as I want something at the dish for future expansion. I still get lost on this forum .
Any help will be appreciated. My lady and I set this dish and we had our hands full.

Im getting ready to setup one of them 10 footers myself,I stopped over about 4 miles away from were i live,to ask this person who put up his dish, He couldn't remember,And stated he doesn't use it.So i ask him if i took it down could i have it.WOW! he said yeah go ahead.it is only 12 yrs old to,so it alt to be super.

yes you can use one of those or you can set up the fortec and use the meter on it . there is a satellite & live transponder list just pick the satellite you trying to tune in and get your AZ & Elevation...

disqec switches will be great for future expansion just always remember when connecting coax to the receiver that has a disqec switch involved to turn off the power (with the power switch on the back of the unit).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)