New installer needs help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Premier911

Original poster
May 12, 2010
colorado
I've installed DISH and Hughes net in the past. I'm working with a 5 year old Bird dog. doing a western install on the New1000.4 HD 3LNB dish. It seems like this dish is a real pain to install. I'm looking for the new "tricks" of the trade to get all three sats installed in a timely manner. Any help would be great. I searche dthe forums for some threads but could use a good link or two. Also is there any recomendations on which meter will the best for the new DISH's?

Thankyou,

I've installed DISH and Hughes net in the past. I'm working with a 5 year old Bird dog. doing a western install on the New1000.4 HD 3LNB dish. It seems like this dish is a real pain to install. I'm looking for the new "tricks" of the trade to get all three sats installed in a timely manner. Any help would be great. I searche dthe forums for some threads but could use a good link or two. Also is there any recomendations on which meter will the best for the new DISH's?

Thankyou,

The 1000.4 dish is an Eastern arc dish.

yeah, 1000.4 is eastern arc. peak off the 2nd port, I use 61.5 to start off with, tp 10 at 60 or better, tp 14 at 67 or better, tp 29 at 58 or better, tp31 at 51 or better. At least this is what they give us in north TX. After that, adjustments for signal on all orbitals

Sorry, 1000.2 dish is correct. I'm thinking about ordering a SATBuddy. The main problem with my BirdDog is I never know for sure which Sat I'm really. I'm sure that there are some simple tricks that evryone uses everyday that I don't know of that would speed things up. I know I sound a little tarded but It can't really be this sensitive or time consumming. Anyone know of a thread that gives a step by step with the info that isn't in the manual??

I own my own A/V business. I'm just tired of these kids comming out and doing a terrible job and messing up my racks cuz they don't know that end of it. So I've had to re-do almost all of them. So I'm direct with DISH through RS&I

Hmmm, with the 1000.2 aiming at western arc, I presume you're shooting for the 119,100 and 129? With the 1000.2 you connect to port one which is for the center "eye" (horn) of the LNB to pickup and peak on the 119. After peaking, I'd put my hand in front the center horn, and if the signal dropped, I knew I had the 119.
I used to use an analog Channel Master type (battery powered) meter for the 1000.2...worked pretty good. If you get a strong signal from the 119, you've got the 110 and the 129, too.
If you want an outstanding meter that identifies the satellite, then that is the Super Buddy...not the Sat Buddy. Sat Buddy is a digital meter, but it just give signal strength and tone...it doesn't identify the satellite. There is also the dual buddy that can tune in two satellites.
The Super Buddy is expensive, but it is an outstanding meter.
Might check out eBay.

when i used to use a sat buddy i would point the 1000.2 off of the 129, port #3 of the LNB (horn above the #1 port). point the dish out toward the west and then slowly pan toward the south until i hit the first bump in signal.
but of course the super buddy is the way to go (Cadillac vs Yugo)

I've read that with the older BirDog's you need to have the receiver hooked up to the dish before seeking. Older Dogs cannot handle the new configurations without the extra power from the receiver.

DICK

The super sat buddy as stated already is the best meter one can buy. It is not cheap but it pays for itself in no time. It is a gem to have for installs and even better for service calls, as you can troubleshoot from any point in the system. Nothing against any other meters but once you use the super buddy and get past the bulkiness you'll never wanna use anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts