new iphone 4.0 can i get reviews pros and cons.im debating on the iphone and droid x

Look at it this way:

Android:
- Customizations
- Widgets
- Google
- Flash
- Better hardware (Droid X and HTC Evo 4)

Apple iPhone 4:
- App Store
- iTunes
- Integrated iPod
- Better display
- Sleek design

If you want freedom go with Android, you will not regret it.
If you want a phone that "just" works for everyday stuff, then go with the iPhone.

I am still debating if I want the new Droid X or the new iphone 4.
I've had iPhone 3G for few years now and I've sent hundreds on songs and applications and videos and I would hate to give it all up.

I don't know if the LED Flash camera and FaceTime and a better display enough for me to stay with AT&T....AT&T is horrible. In my area AT&T never been good to me.
Since I am not changing my plan I am granfathered in the Unlimited data plan.
Still paying for Tathering 20$ a month? F*(**)*% that AT&T, you say you are trying to save us money....I hope AT&T goes down as a whole because people hate them more than any other providers.

Only if the iPhone ever went to Sprint or Verizon...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go39QPudl1A&feature=channel"]YouTube- CNET Top 5: reasons to skip the iPhone 4[/ame]

Last edited:
thank you all for all your responses much appreciated you all gave me things to think of

Note to Dodger King- I've seen your claims many times here that you don't care about issues elsewhere in the world and AT&T is not a problem for you. But don't you realize you are not the rule but the extreme exception? Plus, if everyone else in the world moves to your little world where AT&T is perfect, I doubt it would remain so. :) Most people do call others outside their perfect AT&T world and this is where problems begin, even for them. I've noted here that while my daughter ( iphone owner) loves the device, dropped calls for us are quite common. Is it the iphone or AT&T? Maybe it's both because there is no way to measure the iphone with another carrier. One thing is certain, many people are frustrated with AT&T service.

Regarding holding the iphone by the antenna- I don't doubt this could have detrimental effects to the signal but it may be ameliorated through the use of a simple protective case so many have used for their iphones. I am amazed that this was not found to be an issue in all Apple's testing. The real question is- does holding the iphone4 actually increase loss of communications or just a reduction of one or two bars of signal as displayed on the screen?
FWIW- I did my own little test here ( not scientific ) and I held my htc TP2 around the body and there was no loss of signal bars, however, when I cupped the palm of my hand over the top of the phone, where the antenna is located inside, the bars went from 5 to zero!

While not an expert, I do know a little about how antennas work. They are basically a tuned circuit of inductance and capacitance. When you touch the conductor of a tuned circuit, you add capacitance from your body and this detunes the circuit from the intended resonate frequency.

Raising the inductance by making a larger loop as in the iphone4 will increase the capture area of the antenna ( in theory) but to maintain resonance at the proper frequency the capacitance needs to be reduced in the internal circuitry as compared to an internal smaller design. Operating a resonate circuit with large inductance and low capacitance, in effect increases the sensitivity to capacitive change, in effect, making the iphone4 more sensitive to touch.

Last edited:
Pick your evil. Google or Apple both have their own style of lockin. Google=Know everything about you in the big brother database, including everything you do on the phone, in their apps, etc. All analytics.

Apple, censored lockin and any new cool features that would make it better are denied by Apple because they want to add it. Planned obscelensence of phones to make you buy a new one every year for that one killer feature, etc.

I have used both Android and iPhone but I prefer Apple iPhone. Love the new iPhone 4 but haven't tried a Droid X yet. With Apple I have found less rebooting and lockups, better app selection and the "it just works" is true for my use.

Unlike others I read about daily, for me, in my area (Atlanta/Marietta GA) AT&T is by far the fastest most reliable carrier. I know, hard to believe, but just recently have tried Clear/Sprint 4G (worthless) and Verizon and they are SLooooooooww on data. Granted I did add a 3G Microcell at home to make it rock solid in my home also.

question. ive seen mention of losings songs you buy on itunes if you dont have an iphone.

cant you just download them in mp3 format? then they are usable on 99.99% of devices and you wont lose them

Note to Dodger King- I've seen your claims many times here that you don't care about issues elsewhere in the world and AT&T is not a problem for you. But don't you realize you are not the rule but the extreme exception?
Yes I do. Why does that matter to me or anyone else in my situation, if it does not apply to me or them?
Plus, if everyone else in the world moves to your little world where AT&T is perfect, I doubt it would remain so. :) Most people do call others outside their perfect AT&T world and this is where problems begin, even for them. I've noted here that while my daughter ( iphone owner) loves the device, dropped calls for us are quite common. Is it the iphone or AT&T? Maybe it's both because there is no way to measure the iphone with another carrier. One thing is certain, many people are frustrated with AT&T service.
I realize that. And like I have stated before, then another provider may be a better option for them. But to make a blanket statement about ATT is simply not true. Yes, Verizon has more coverage areas, but ATT still has a lot, particularly in the populated areas. Within those areas ATT often has better coverage and a faster system than Verizon.

I would prefer a droid over an iPhone if ATT had that option. Since I am with ATT, the iPhone is the best phone they have.

While AT&T does not have the droid per se I believe they do now offer a few android phones.

Regarding holding the iphone by the antenna- I don't doubt this could have detrimental effects to the signal but it may be ameliorated through the use of a simple protective case so many have used for their iphones. I am amazed that this was not found to be an issue in all Apple's testing. The real question is- does holding the iphone4 actually increase loss of communications or just a reduction of one or two bars of signal as displayed on the screen?
FWIW- I did my own little test here ( not scientific ) and I held my htc TP2 around the body and there was no loss of signal bars, however, when I cupped the palm of my hand over the top of the phone, where the antenna is located inside, the bars went from 5 to zero!

Yeah, it can be fixed. naturally, if you buy an Apple "bumper" case, that's $29 for a $0.50 piece of "durable rubber and molded plastic" (its on the apple store site). but, you'd have to remove the thing if you want to dock it. the proof of the loss of signal has been shown in my previous link and there's quite a few more videos that have been added to it. from what i can gather, there's two different antenna's along the frame (the nice shiny chrome part), one for wifi and bluetooth & the other for phone reception. when that one corner is touched, its like bridging a circuit and all reception dies. that's why you see people using scotch tape on that particular area.

you're better off waiting for a redesign if you really want an iPhone. if you do decide to get one, make sure the volume buttons on the side are properly installed as well, there's been some reports of them being inverted.

Yeah, it can be fixed. naturally, if you buy an Apple "bumper" case, that's $29 for a $0.50 piece of "durable rubber and molded plastic" (its on the apple store site). but, you'd have to remove the thing if you want to dock it. the proof of the loss of signal has been shown in my previous link and there's quite a few more videos that have been added to it. from what i can gather, there's two different antenna's along the frame (the nice shiny chrome part), one for wifi and bluetooth & the other for phone reception. when that one corner is touched, its like bridging a circuit and all reception dies. that's why you see people using scotch tape on that particular area.

you're better off waiting for a redesign if you really want an iPhone. if you do decide to get one, make sure the volume buttons on the side are properly installed as well, there's been some reports of them being inverted.

I've yet to duplicate this on my Iphone, so I do not think this is all phones.

does anyone have this phone sprints HTC EVO 4G and what you think of it compared to the apple iphone 4.0 and android x?i live in saint louis,missouri and people that have one of those phones hows the phones comparison and how does the signal hold up in talking(drop calls) and other ways?thanks for anyones comments and help

I got hit with a major flaw today on the iPhone 4. And that flaw is that I find myself hanging up, dialing or putting people on hold while talking to them as it appears the Proximity Sensor does not work correctly.

Many times when I am on the phone I am holding the phone with my shoulder and ear while I type using two hands.

Looking at the Apple support forum it appears this is happening to a lot of people. This is a big flaw.

Not really the right thread for that. We have several threads about Froyo. :)

Screwed the pooch on that one, I had both threads open.

I got hit with a major flaw today on the iPhone 4. And that flaw is that I find myself hanging up, dialing or putting people on hold while talking to them as it appears the Proximity Sensor does not work correctly.

Many times when I am on the phone I am holding the phone with my shoulder and ear while I type using two hands.

Looking at the Apple support forum it appears this is happening to a lot of people. This is a big flaw.

Scott. Just say it....The phone is a flaw....but 1.7 million people purchased this "flaw" It just cant be ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)