new iphone 4.0 can i get reviews pros and cons.im debating on the iphone and droid x

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
iPhone rumor site had posted a video with nexus 1 having the same flaw.

their were reports that IOS 4.01 was suppose to be out today fixing the flaws in Iphone 4 . As of today the new firmware has not been released.

According to a poster at Mac rumors site he got an e-mail from steve jobs stating that the antenna will be fixed.

I got hit with a major flaw today on the iPhone 4. And that flaw is that I find myself hanging up, dialing or putting people on hold while talking to them as it appears the Proximity Sensor does not work correctly.

Many times when I am on the phone I am holding the phone with my shoulder and ear while I type using two hands.

Looking at the Apple support forum it appears this is happening to a lot of people. This is a big flaw.
I have heard of this hap-pinging with droids also! I use Bluetooth so i dont know?

Yeah, it can be fixed. naturally, if you buy an Apple "bumper" case, that's $29 for a $0.50 piece of "durable rubber and molded plastic" (its on the apple store site). but, you'd have to remove the thing if you want to dock it. the proof of the loss of signal has been shown in my previous link and there's quite a few more videos that have been added to it. from what i can gather, there's two different antenna's along the frame (the nice shiny chrome part), one for wifi and bluetooth & the other for phone reception. when that one corner is touched, its like bridging a circuit and all reception dies. that's why you see people using scotch tape on that particular area.

you're better off waiting for a redesign if you really want an iPhone. if you do decide to get one, make sure the volume buttons on the side are properly installed as well, there's been some reports of them being inverted.

No concern for me getting an iphone4. :)

It's not for me! Maybe my wife will have one when it goes Verizon but I won't have one on AT&T, period, end of subject!

I watched the entire number of posts in your link and I agree that technically the scotch tape is probably the best approach for now. Not being able to dock an iphone is a poor design, especially coming from Apple. The only Apple product I like is the ipad and I think the Apple case won't allow docking either but I have no use for a docking of my ipad. On the other hand, I do have a docking charger for my TP2 phone and I can see the case for needing a dock for the iphone.
Now what I really do wonder is how many of the nearly 2 million iphone4 buyers are really upset over this. Or, is it mostly hype from a few who are having real difficulty with it? Time will tell but I am surprised that Apple let something like this get by them. Maybe if their test engineer wasn't so busy losing his test phone in a bar he would have had the time to observe and report the problem. :D Time for SJ to get his hatchet out.

I got hit with a major flaw today on the iPhone 4. And that flaw is that I find myself hanging up, dialing or putting people on hold while talking to them as it appears the Proximity Sensor does not work correctly.

Many times when I am on the phone I am holding the phone with my shoulder and ear while I type using two hands.

Looking at the Apple support forum it appears this is happening to a lot of people. This is a big flaw.

Scott- please explain something to me- I know lots of people with iphones and none of them use a BT hands free headset or earpiece. I'm almost certain that iphone supports BT. Does it not work right? FYI- the new BT 2.0 supports stereo to mono conversion, voice command and voice dialing and privacy mode caller id. When I get a call coming in, I know who is calling and I can answer with a push button on the BT. both hands free, it's legal in most states that forbid cell phone holding while driving and I can tap the button twice and use voice calling. So why do none of the people I know use a BT hands free? Heck, I even listen to podcasts and audiobooks, and when a call comes in it silences the book and takes the call, when I finish the call the book resumes from pause. So what's with all the shoulder to ear phone pinching? That just seems dumb to me.

Perhaps a small flaw - I haven't seen anyone hold a phone like that in years.

digiblur had this on his facebook page. made me laugh...

33407_138672346146528_100000112904085_385677_2677156_n.jpg

I have heard of this hap-pinging with droids also! I use Bluetooth so i dont know?

I have never dropped a call with my Droid (except in Arkansas where I didn't just drop the call, I lost all VZW service! - and on an interstate at that! :) ), but I notice that the number of bars changes quite often; and even if there is just one bar, the device still works.

I have never dropped a call with my Droid...

Doc Roc- You must never talk to people using iphones. :D I get dropped all the time when I talk to my daughter. T-mobile is another bad carrier for dropped calls. I think T-Mobile is worse than AT&T

Last time I lost all service on Verizon was when I drove into Death Valley.

Doc Roc- You must never talk to people using iphones. :D I get dropped all the time when I talk to my daughter. T-mobile is another bad carrier for dropped calls. I think T-Mobile is worse than AT&T

Last time I lost all service on Verizon was when I drove into Death Valley.

Most of my calls are Verizon to Verizon or Verizon to land-line. I don't talk on the phone a lot. But yes, don't talk to a lot of people using iphones. I do remember losing some calls on my treo to Scott's iphone though. :) (But that was Vegas during CES, which is an unfair test of anything!).

Here in my office I don't use Bluetooth, but my truck has bluetooth built in the navigation system.

I normally get about 5 or 6 calls a day in my office on my cell. And yesterday on every call I have hung up on, placed on hold or tried entering facetime chat every call I was on as my cheek hit the screen while talking.

I have NEVER had that issue with any of my other iPhones.

I do remember losing some calls on my treo to Scott's iphone though. :) (But that was Vegas during CES, which is an unfair test of anything!).
I remember at CES we went into the room where DISH was going to hold its press conference and testing broadcasting live video streaming as we were going to stream DISH Networks press event live.

The tests worked GREAT!

Then came the day of the press confrence when the AT&T network was non existant! I couldn't do anything with my iPhone for most of CES. That was a big disapointment for me.

I remember at CES we went into the room where DISH was going to hold its press conference and testing broadcasting live video streaming as we were going to stream DISH Networks press event live.

The tests worked GREAT!

Then came the day of the press confrence when the AT&T network was non existant! I couldn't do anything with my iPhone for most of CES. That was a big disapointment for me.

And cell phone coverage for everybody was horrible there. 250,000 people all trying to use cells at basically the same time. Of course, I think it was worse on AT&T.

Here in my office I don't use Bluetooth, but my truck has bluetooth built in the navigation system.

I normally get about 5 or 6 calls a day in my office on my cell. And yesterday on every call I have hung up on, placed on hold or tried entering facetime chat every call I was on as my cheek hit the screen while talking.

I have NEVER had that issue with any of my other iPhones.

So you are saying that having the phone touch your cheek disconnected it?

The Droid automatically blanks the screen when you are on a phone call. Sometimes that is a pain if you need to key in a extension. But if you pull the phone away from your face it somehow comes back - or if you slide open the keyboard it comes back. It took me a while to get used to it. My old treo used to lock the screen upon starting a call, but the screen stayed on.

So you are saying that having the phone touch your cheek disconnected it?
Yes this is what I am saying (as are MANY MANY other people.

The Droid automatically blanks the screen when you are on a phone call. Sometimes that is a pain if you need to key in a extension. But if you pull the phone away from your face it somehow comes back.
That is the way the iPhone is supposed to work and has worked on the older versions.

The issue now is the proximity sensor which can detect your holding it to your head is wear and sometimes thinks your not holding the phone to your head when you are, thus turning the screen on and letting your face press buttons on the screen as your talking...

Its VERY annoying.

Yes this is what I am saying (as are MANY MANY other people.

That is the way the iPhone is supposed to work and has worked on the older versions.

The issue now is the proximity sensor which can detect your holding it to your head is wear and sometimes thinks your not holding the phone to your head when you are, thus turning the screen on and letting your face press buttons on the screen as your talking...

Its VERY annoying.

A ha. Yeah, that would be annoying as hell.

You would think with the control mentality of Apple that they would work all of those bugs out in testing.

I very rarely use my phone next to my head. Once you get used to BT you get spoiled. Mine is good enough I can walk around the house and it stays connected when the phone is in my office which is centrally located.
I guess I got used to it because of listening to podcasts and audiobooks while working on other stuff. But mainly I prefer my hands free. Another feature I use often is recording every phone call to the memory card. If I get complex instructions, I just replay the call later. I don't know if iPhone or android has that feature. Because of space I only save the last 100 calls and the software deletes the oldest automatically.

does anyone have this phone Sprints HTC EVO 4G and what you think of it compared to the Apple I Phone 4.0 and Android X?i live in saint louis,missouri and people that have one of those phones hows the phones compare and how does the signal hold up in talking(drop calls) and other ways even if your in another state how do those phones compare?thanks for anyones comments and help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts