New Joeys are made in India--not China

He must not have the protection plan. If it's a leased unit, without the protection plan, the customer has to pay ~$15 for shipping only. With the protection plan, it's $0 out-of-pocket.

He must not have the protection plan. If it's a leased unit, without the protection plan, the customer has to pay ~$15 for shipping only. With the protection plan, it's $0 out-of-pocket.

That is what I am thinking. I never had to pay for my owner or leased VIP722k. I have always had the Protection Plan is the only thing I can think of.

I recently replaced an owned ViP622 and DISH wanted something around $97 + shipping.

I don't think DISH would have asked for the extra vigorish if it had been a leased unit.

Leased receiver:

w/o protection plan: $15 for shipping
with protection plan: $0

Purchased receiver:

w/o protection plan (and out of 1 year receiver warranty): $75 for receiver and $15 for shipping, total of $90
with protection plan: $0

I'm curious about the upcoming wireless Joey. Both of my Joeys have been wireless via the usb adapter for a long time and I have never had any issues. What is different about the so called wireless Joey ? In fact, I have had the two Joeys which are on 5.8ghz and two Roku on 2.4ghz all going at once with no bandwidth issues.

The Joey I bought from Amazon last March was made in India.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The question is whether they go the route that DIRECTV did and use a proprietary access point to keep the LAN separate and apart from the client traffic.

That's exactly what they'll be doing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)