New kind of weird problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
I have two hoppers on my main floor that are isolated from the third so we can take the third out of the equation, is it possible for one hopper to go bad and cause both hoppers on the that node to reboot simultaneously and the living room one keeps losing sound? And I just had them out and both nodes and both switches were fine.

I have two hoppers on my main floor that are isolated from the third so we can take the third out of the equation, is it possible for one hopper to go bad and cause both hoppers on the that node to reboot simultaneously and the living room one keeps losing sound? And I just had them out and both nodes and both switches were fine.

I'm sure anything is possible. Are you able to access the nodes and connect a rebooting Hopper to the isolated node to see if it stops rebooting? Either way I'd probably get a tech out if both hoppers on that node are both experiencing issues.

This is a new part of an ongoing issue. That does not seem to be fixable no matter how many techs the send out I really think its the living room hopper? But wanted to know if that is even a possibility before I order a new one?

Is there anything in particular that you are trying to do that could be the cause of the simultaneous reboots? Could be a bug of some sort.

I know my Hoppers don't like recording three things at once, transferring shows to EHD, and using DLNA at the same time. Almost a guaranteed reboot every time. Works fine for ten minutes or less then it reboots.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

This is a new part of an ongoing issue. That does not seem to be fixable no matter how many techs the send out I really think its the living room hopper? But wanted to know if that is even a possibility before I order a new one?

What is the ongoing issue? Have any of the techs swapped the Hopper to a different location or what have the techs done when they came out? I would swap the Hopper in question to another Hopper location if possible to see if the problem follows the box, if it does, I would get a replacement.

Is there anything in particular that you are trying to do that could be the cause of the simultaneous reboots? Could be a bug of some sort.

I know my Hoppers don't like recording three things at once, transferring shows to EHD, and using DLNA at the same time. Almost a guaranteed reboot every time. Works fine for ten minutes or less then it reboots.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Ok well new question how long does it take to back up an all most full hopper?

To back up all content to an EHD? I've transferred around 250 events last time I transferred content and i believe it took at least a few hours.

I have 675 on one and 450 on the other I'm just going to call dish and have them mail me two new ones I give up troubleshooting these it has gone on long enough. There is something wrong with one but can't figure out which one so if I have them mail them, I will have plenty of time to do the save and timers and what not that the install guy just won't give me.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

It will take quite a while to backup a Hopper with that many recordings. You better get started!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

There just becomes a point were you throw your hands in the air and give up. I have had the tech guys out here there is nothing wrong with the wiring or anything else so it has to be machine failure. So I give up I'm replacing both of them and hopefully this stupid problem goes away.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)