New KU Band LNB available for testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
I have a NEW KU LNB available for FREE to anyone that has a C/KU Feedhorn and interested in testing this new LNB.

Only one unit is available.

Here are the details:
KULNB1 replacement KU Band LNB for feedhorn on C Band Dishes

Contact me if you are willing to test this LNB and provide feedback on its performance.

Make sure this LNB will fit on the KU side of your Feedhorn before volunteering.

Attachments

• KU-LNB.jpg
    KU-LNB.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 263
  • KU-LNB-2.jpg
    KU-LNB-2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 242
Note: this lnbf should be able to Bolt up to a Primestar Feedhorn or one of those ADF-120 Adjustable feedhorn flanges, for anyone who might be interested?
As well as the ku part of a Corotor2....

a NEW KU LNB available for FREE

I have a NEW KU LNB available for FREE to anyone that has a C/KU Feedhorn and interested in testing this new LNB.

Only one unit is available.

Here are the details:
KULNB1 replacement KU Band LNB for feedhorn on C Band Dishes

Contact me if you are willing to test this LNB and provide feedback on its performance.

Make sure this LNB will fit on the KU side of your Feedhorn before volunteering.
Sadoun and VoomVoom,

I would love to have one and test it. I’m still new at this and I’m not sure I can add it to what I presently have? Please look at my thread called: Support Mounting Poles and geographical shot of my home and for message box #26for an image of my feedhorn. If I can, Please Send me one to test! It will help me out a lot!:hungry::bow and :clap

Thank You.

Tom :D

Last edited:
Note: this lnbf should be able to Bolt up to a Primestar Feedhorn or one of those ADF-120 Adjustable feedhorn flanges, for anyone who might be interested?

it would only pick up one polarity unless you rotate it manually

I’m not sure I can add it to what I presently have?
Tom , the photo you listed looks like a c-band only feedhorn. i don't have a corotor type feedhorn but i do have an extra primestar feedhorn like VoomVoom mentioned if it will help. you could mount it off to the side of the c-band feedhorn (its a bit harder to tune) or with an adaptor plate Collar

and like mentioned above it would only get one polarity at a time ( thats why a co-rotor uses a servo, the servo motor rotates the probe to change polarities).

Also just curious as I see it has low,high volt switching for polarity.
Can this be hooked up so that my 4DTV can still use the co rotor
for skew and polarity control thru the skew motor on the rotor
and when the 4DTV is off and I want to use the CS6100 I can switch thru it?
As it is now I need to pick an even or odd KU on the DSR920 which is my master
and the CS6100 is slave.
Would be nice to use voltage switching for the CS6100 on Ku.

Last edited:
do ya believe everything ya read ?

That claim of voltage switching is a bit odd.
At first , I just chalked it up to boilerplate text being used when creating the web page.
If it really is what it says, it might interest TruckRacer as a replacement for his BSC-621.

I'm still unconvinced... :confused:

Voltage polarity control is included in this LNB and confirmed by the factory.

This is an excellent LNB, but before I introduce it to the market, I am interested in expert users feedback on it. I have another unit that I can send to another BUD user.

So now I have a total of TWO units available.

PM me and let me know if you are interested in a test unit.
An ideal tester would be someone who is:
  • currently using a BUD with C/KU band lnbs and a C/KU Band feedhorn.

PM sent
will this work on a co rotor and also in tandem with the voltage controlled probe

Are you sure this LNB support 13/18v polarity switching? The reason I ask is it looks like a standard wr-75 flange LNB that would be used on the feedhorn on a big dish and these type LNBs don't do any polarity switching because the feedhorn itself determines the polarity (usually through a probe rotated by a servo) before the signal even gets to the LNB and only the polarity selected ever reaches it. therefore 13/18v polarity switching in an lnb like this would be useless. Also in looking at the photo you attached that shows a view down the throat of the LNB, I only see one probe. How is it possible to have 13/18v polarity switching in an LNb with only one probe? I don't see how this could be possible unless there's another probe we can't see or there's a hidden magnetic polarizer encircling the mouth of the LNB and the LNB is controlling it internally. Are there one or two probes in the LNB? Are you sure the manufacturer isn't just mistaken and perhaps misunderstands what your asking them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)