New KU Dish from Gas Station

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used my Prodlin original single LNB for a long time on 125w for the PBS stuff, all on one polarity like yours. I eventually modded the mount to bolt up to a Invacom dual polarity LNB, re-using much of the original mount parts. Here are before and after photo's.

10-31-10_1213.jpg

04-26-12_0949.jpg

On some models you can remove the transmit module and find a square bolt pattern on the waveguide that another single LNB can be mounted in place for your second polarity.

Here is a similar example.

01-08-12_1353.jpg

Nice save and install job.

I retrofitted my 3 Prodelins to C band with side mounted Ku LNBFs and didn't try reusing any of the existing hardware. I love the commercial built quality of these things.

Ha ha,

For some reason, I just wanted to say "I bet it is Hughes-Net dish of some sort".... Then I opened the pictures up to full screen and guess what it says on the side of the TRIA?....

HUGHES!

I wouldn't be knowing if Hughes used/uses Prodelin dish reflectors on their equipment or not, I just thought it was funny that the thought popped into my head and when I opened the first pix in post #1, there it was... HUGHES.

RADAR

Great pix from everyone. Well done!

And yes, those commercial xmit-certified dishes are most drool-worthy. ;)

Chapelrun, looks like a great dish! Mine has a similar but slightly different configuration on the lower LNB support arm; The platform for supporting the transmit unit is not nearly as long or as well-built. I got the dish from a building that had been used as a post office, and the new owner wanted the dish gone. Wish there were more of these around. One of these days, I'm going to acquire its big brother, the 1.8M Prodelin ;) ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts