New Live channel on D* will have HD version

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
From http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051215/lath040.html?.v=37

The official launch of Network Live programming on DIRECTV will take place in March 2006 on channel 101 in standard definition and 401 in high-definition (HD).

I hope that the launch of this HD channel doesn't impact D* from being able to roll out some more mainstream HD channels such as TNT-HD, Cineman-HD or Starz-HD?

grrrreat!

Love music... love HD. Bring 'em on!

BTW - love the wife & toys qoute... luckily for me it's so true!

RAD I also agree in your concern;

DirecTV - THANKS for adding HD content, but don't add non-mainstream HD content over what has been already requested by your USERS. Stop bowing to these carriage deals via your partners over what WE WANT! We all know and understand that these bring in fast, up front guaranteed money, but throw us 3 or 4 national HD bones FIRST. We all have been letting you DirecTV guys slide before the new birds were up, but now we are about to start holding your feet to the fire; get it together boys!

"joint venture between America Online, XM Satellite Radio"

Last edited:
Just not understanding why they would put a new HD channel on 401, when all of them are in the 70 - 98 range. Just being picky about it I suppose, guess we'll find out in about a month.

charper1 said:
I have a feeling there will be a channel re-alignment soon.

God, I hope so. And not just HD channels but the entire system since it's a total mess at the moment.

CWS_kahuna said:
Just not understanding why they would put a new HD channel on 401, when all of them are in the 70 - 98 range. Just being picky about it I suppose, guess we'll find out in about a month.

HBO HD is at 70 and 509, so don't be so picky! ;)

Chip

IIRC, this channel is only going to be live 1 hour per week. Unless they have changed things since the initial PR.
And yes, expect the HD channels to go to the 400's.

Another waste of bandwidth. We want movie channels. PREMIUM channels in HD. Starz-HD,CNEIMAX-HD. I had TNT-HD with Dishnetwork before. 90% of time is just widescreen crap and not real HD. What about FX in HD?

slimoli said:
Another waste of bandwidth. We want movie channels. PREMIUM channels in HD. Starz-HD,CNEIMAX-HD. I had TNT-HD with Dishnetwork before. 90% of time is just widescreen crap and not real HD. What about FX in HD?

Considering the relationship Fox has with DirecTV through their common corporate parent, News Corporation, I'd expect to see Fox HD and NGC HD up on DirecTV when they launch.

charper1 said:
Seems that DirecTV's only involvement is to be the exclusive provider for now. They aren't even listed as a "partner" on the NetworkLIVE partnership pages; not mentioned AT ALL! What great partners. They are listed in the NEWS section.
Perhaps NetworkLIVE just has had the time to update their partner page, seeing as this announcement is only a few days old. Sometimes the web page is overlooked, y'know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)