New Live channel on D* will have HD version

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With all the spaced used by the HD locals already they could have had a pretty good sized national HD package or two. I guess they think the HD locals for the bigger markets are more profitable. Are they charging more for them or charging the same price for the HD locals as they did the SD locals?

Stargazer said:
Are they charging more for them or charging the same price for the HD locals as they did the SD locals?
Not yet.:eek:

I'm not sure if you have to sub to the HD package or not.

Stargazer said:
With all the spaced used by the HD locals already they could have had a pretty good sized national HD package or two. I guess they think the HD locals for the bigger markets are more profitable. Are they charging more for them or charging the same price for the HD locals as they did the SD locals?

HD Locals are on spot beam satellites with no conus capability. They can't use any of that space for national hd channels. In 2007 their new hd sats with national capability launch (DirecTV 10 and 11).

rad said:
God, I hope so. And not just HD channels but the entire system since it's a total mess at the moment.
How would you guys realign the channels, if at all? I'd move the PPV's out of the 100's and put them in the 900's, or at least to the end of the guide/channel line up so you don't have to scroll thru them when looking at the guide. And can't they go above channel 999 on these new receivers? I'd also make room to add the west coast feeds channels next to the east coast feed channels.

theratpatrol said:
How would you guys realign the channels, if at all? I'd move the PPV's out of the 100's and put them in the 900's, or at least to the end of the guide/channel line up so you don't have to scroll thru them when looking at the guide. And can't they go above channel 999 on these new receivers? I'd also make room to add the west coast feeds channels next to the east coast feed channels.

On the older generation receivers, they cannot go above 999. The locals on older receivers are in the range of 880-998.

On any receiver that has the ability to get international channels, the range goes to 9999. The R15 has a live channel on 1000 that is an 8 minute how-to channel. Plus there are channels 9030 and 9031 which appear on my receiver. Dont exactly know what these channels will ever do.

I propose this new alignment if any of you work for DirecTV or know someone that does. Did I miss anything?

002 - 099 Locals/HD Locals/HD Networks

100 - 199 HD Nationals/HD PPV/HD Sports

200 - 299 Basic/Standard Programming/Group NEWS togther

300 - 399 ESPN/Sports Networks/RSN/Alternates

400 - 499 Sports Passes/League Passes

500 - 599 Premiums/Movies/Adults

600 - 699 Para Todos/International/Shopping/Religion

700 - 799 PPV/Special Events/Freeviews/XM start

800 - 899 XM continue/Audio

900 - 999 Remapped Locals

Last edited:
I really like charper1's list only I would also make the list within each grouping alphabetical as well. This would really speed up finding channels.

International Channels such as Korean, Russia, Italian, etc. will always be in the 2000s. I also see D* changing PPV channels to 4 digits once all older receivers are replaced. I also believe that CNN and ESPN put on their contract that those channels start in the beginning of the 200s.

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
International Channels such as Korean, Russia, Italian, etc. will always be in the 2000s. I also see D* changing PPV channels to 4 digits once all older receivers are replaced. I also believe that CNN and ESPN put on their contract that those channels start in the beginning of the 200s.

1. I am only talking internationals that don't require a special receiver.

2. ALL receivers won't be swapped within 3 years so i see another realignment by then.

3. Carriage contracts are renegotiated all the time and carry amended trigger clauses to allow easy work arounds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)