New LNB coming for Eastern Arc?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Maybe a DIRT member can confirm this but rumor has it that a new LNB is coming for EA subs who don't need 77 and that it's suppose to work for the 1000.2.

Hard to believe. It would mean Dish is severely restricting future use of 77.

I could post the source of this rumor, but since it's one of Dish's internal docs I tend to find on the techportal web site, I have a feeling it would get removed. That's why I'm asking if a DIRT member can confirm it first.

I thought that EA was already in need of more bandwidth (there's a few TP's with 9 HD channels on them, and I think 1 or 2 with 10.)

Surely this doesn't mean that they don't plan on making much use of 77... Otherwise, if they start utilizing 77 after installing a lot of these new EA Twins, well, can anyone say 61.5/110/119 fiasco?

Kinda weird, seems like I remember on WA they were setting new customers up on full arc as opposed to a 500 with a Twin (if they had decent credit.) However I suppose that's a different scenario (129 is necessary for HD.)

This makes no sense whatsoever in the long run! Severely limit the bandwidth available to customers to save a few dollars per install?

Are they making a DP lnb with slightly different spacing for 61/72 than the one they used in the past for 110/119 due to 11 degrees of space vs. 9 that was had before? I have used DP lnb to get 119/129 in the past which is 10 degrees of space.

I just don't understand making a whole new lnb that is only to be used for 61/72. Is it going to be that much cheaper to make a DP lnb vs the current one that they have? Wouldn't it cost a bit to put a whole different lnb into production?

I assume this would be DPP and not DP? If they go with DPP they could make the bracket have an extra slot for another DP lnb for 77 for future upgrade just like the original Dish 1000.

I don't think it would make much sense for them to go DP. Then they'd have to run 2 lines per dual-tuner receiver. I don't see how the EA DPP Twin would save any money either, as the 1000.4 WA LNB was discontinued due to too much cost in making a new LNB, as opposed to using their stock of 1000.2/1000.4's. I can't see how this would be any different. Not to mention the potential future tech visits required if one were to need 77 again.

I can only guess for this to make sense, they have no plans to add anything to 77 for mainstream watching other than possibly more locals. So only those few markets would need 77.

Its almost as stupid when directv had dishes for 119 and 101.
It is similarly stupid to DIRECTV's SL3 that denies most customers that have one some of the programming that they pay for (IIRC, there is programming only available on 119W that is part of the Choice package).

I don't see it as the same at least now. No one would lose programming with their locals on 61.5. The few others could and would get the 77 sat.

It is similarly stupid to DIRECTV's SL3 that denies most customers that have one some of the programming that they pay for (IIRC, there is programming only available on 119W that is part of the Choice package).

and how many Dish 500's are out there denying Dish customers of channels on 129 that they pay for :rolleyes:

and if the customer really wants to watch Hope Channel or Jewish Life TV Directv will upgrade them at no cost. But I guess in your world you'd rather have an installer say "sorry Mr/Ms customer but our rules state we need to see all 5 Directv sats so people can see 2 religious channel or no install. Now I could get you set up with 99/101/103 which would work just fine but sorry we can't due to rules" instead of installing a Slimline 3 and if the customer wants those Directv can go on a case by case basis

and how many Dish 500's are out there denying Dish customers of channels on 129 that they pay for :rolleyes:
There's nothing on 129W that is part of the SD packages. HD subscribers get full coverage at installation. If the single HD dish doesn't fly, you have the option of using a second dish (not an option with DIRECTV).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)