New LNB for 1000.4 Eastern Arc

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
H everyone,

I have an eastern arc 1000.4 setup, with the 3 LNB's (77 isn't used). Can I replace the LNB with a dual one (would it fit?) from the new eastern arc dish (the black one) or would I need to replace to whole dish, I'd rather not take it all down is all. Thanks in advance for the help.

No the 1000.4 dish LNB isn't interchangeable with the 1000.2 EA LNB. Why would you want to change them both see 61.5 and 72.7. If you want you can detune the 77 LNB and get a few points higher on the 61.5 and 72.7 but the 1000.4 correctly aimed is about as good as it can get.

There is absolutely no advantage to go with the EA dual lnb. Infact they still use the EA 1000.4 lnb as it houses an internal switch to pull in 118.

There is absolutely no advantage to go with the EA dual lnb. Infact they still use the EA 1000.4 lnb as it houses an internal switch to pull in 118.

Really ? I wonder how they made it to do 118 when it was made for eastern arc only. I have a 1000.4 sat dish that I installed in 2008 ,still going strong. It was a pain in the butt to get it just right on all 3 sats using the azimuth cam and elevation rods etc, but once it was tweaked I got great signals on all 3 sats.

He means that lnb has an input port on it, so you can use a wing dish to tie another orbital into the system, using its internal switch. If that makes sense...

That is right. I meant the internal switch exists in the three lnb. Also if you have the right meter, you can easily pull in the three sats. I got all three for the eastern arc in los angeles. All came in just fine. I now have since changed from full eastern to mixed arc. 110, 119, 118.7 and 72. Changed the dish out from the eastern arc to just a single dpp for 72 only. Done this because I can't get 129.

San Diego's Spot covers LA so I'm technically covered with locals from 110. there aren't any channels on 129 that don't exist on 72.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)