New *Lost*, Alias, and 24 This week

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
This is I guess to supplant and expand the old LOST thread, new episodes of Lost start this week.

All I know about this week's episode is that it has to do with Kate, and some Sawyer. Followed by at least 2 more new episodes that I can see, including Michael/Walter backstory episode.

After Lost.. Season 4 of Alias will start on ABC as well, I haven't been able to watch them all but Season 1 was pretty damn good. Alias will air weekly with no repeats until it ends! Major move by ABC!

24 will air for 2 hours on Sunday, and from what I can tell another 2 hours on Monday. 24 will also air weekly with NO REPEATS! Until the entire 24 hour saga is told. 24 is entering into it's 4th season, I highly recommend this show, I've seen all 3 seasons and I love it.

Of course all 3 shows.. in HD baby.

Of course, ABC has totally screwed up LOST for us viewers that missed the first run of the first 11 episodes.

They showed 1,2, then 4,5, then 7,8

So, we are so in the dark about 3,6, and 9,10,11

So, not only do we new viewers now have swiss cheese holes in the storyline, but watching this show out of order is very distracting! When 12 starts, I will be totally lost!

They should have shown 1-11 in order, even on a Saturday or something!

Yeah, too bad there isn't some sort of technology that would allow viewers who can't be home for these non-repeating HD shows to be able to watch them at a later time.

VOOM did mention something about a solution available in a few months - but that was back in December 2003.

Most all of the episodes are floating around on the web and can be downloaded via BitTorrent. Many of them are encoded with DiVx at HD resolutions!

That's how I caught up with both Desperate Housewives and Lost once I realized I should have been watching them from day one.

Start here for the software: www.bittorrent.com

Then google the name of the TV show and the word "torrent" to find links to your missing episodes.

jnardone said:
Yeah, too bad there isn't some sort of technology that would allow viewers who can't be home for these non-repeating HD shows to be able to watch them at a later time.

VOOM did mention something about a solution available in a few months - but that was back in December 2003.

:D NICE!

Through a friend I have all the episodes recorded, at this point if you dont want to be totally "lost" for Lost tonight, I recommend at least watching Episode 10 and 11.

24 Season started tonight with 2 hours of good goodness, so far looking better than Season 3! Also in 720p, which I think previously it was aired in 480p only... Tomorrow at 8 the next to episodes from "9am-11am" will air.

Also Alias Season 4 was looking very hot, looks like ABC is going to control Wednesday nights by moving Sydney Bristow and Co. to Wed. after Lost time slot.

Found it to be interested but somewhat of a let down from the Highlights ABC was showing during the week. Locke is a very strange character. He knows something but it is hard to tell what it is...

I'm still in love with the Lost, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose me pretty soon. I have a tendency to lose interest in shows that get so damned complicated that it's like work trying to figure out who's who and what really happened and what didn't (think "Alias" of the past few seasons). Usually, the second a character "dies" and then comes back to life, I'm gone. Lost came dangerously close to this already, with Shannon last night. As she was laying there, I said to myself that if she comes back to life I'm outta here. But I suppose since technically she wasn't really dead (and I really am still diggin' this show) I'm gonna let this one slide. :D
But I wouldn't be surprised if they get this so twisted and complicated and filled with so many mysteries and questions that I stop giving a crap what happens.

Personally I like dynamic characters and multiple story arcs, if you can keep continuitity and the stories flow back together for a mighty conclusion(s) that's good writing...

I don't think the island is complicated it's just that they will not lift the curtain back with on big yank to let you see the whole puzzle. Personally I knew Shannon was NOT dead, too many pieces do not add up. Here's something to consider:

-Locke had a run in with the "monster" and survives, this experiences changes him a bit more.

- Boone has a run with the monster, and it turns out to be a hallucination...

Suggestion (this was posted by another user on a different forum), what if the mysterious monster roaming the island is somehow the cause of the hallucinations, not the papaya looking gook he smeared on his head for "stopping infections"?

In any case, there is obviously more character flashbacks and more to this story and possibly once all the backstory and mystery is unveiled the final seasons of the show will revolve around survivlist themes.

I love this show, and so far the only dissappointing episode I have seen was Kate's 2nd backstory because they answered nothing, and instead raised a couple of other questions I didnt find very interesting.

Anyone wants to speculate how Locke was able to put Boone in trance mode? Was it the substance that he used and put on Boone's head?

Boone/Shannon are two sick characters. Stepbrother/Stepsister insect. That was not expected. I couldn't have imagined that one. What is the significance of the broken compass. Locke gave it to Sayid to help him but it turns out that it was malfunctioning or broken. Why did Jack starts distrusting Locke? What have Jack seen or smells that makes him suspicious of the Locke? We know that Locke could not be one of the "Island Spirits" because he was in the air fly manifest. What is in the metal tank that they found? Too many questions unanswered...

Dvlos said:
Personally I like dynamic characters and multiple story arcs, if you can keep continuitity and the stories flow back together for a mighty conclusion(s) that's good writing...

I don't think the island is complicated it's just that they will not lift the curtain back with on big yank to let you see the whole puzzle.
My problem is when they don't flow back together for a mighty conclusion or you never get the curtain yanked fully back. If they ever pulled the curtain all the way back on that Rambaldi nonsense on Alias, I had stopped caring, and watching, by then. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen with Lost. I like it way too much. But they certainly are raising a whole lot of questions. Just hoping they have a plan to answer at least some of them in a timely fashion and not just keep creating more in an effort to lure viewers back each week.

Dvlos,

you have all the episodes recorded right? There is one episode that can reveal a lot of the stuff that happened last night. It is the episode of the French Woman and Sayid. There was something that the French Woman said to him in that episode. She said that she killed all her friends because they all got "infected" and to watch carefully each person. Watch that episode because I think she sets the set for what it is about to happen. I think somehow the "evil spirit" will infertrate the camp and will start "infecting" members of the camp. Has Locke being infected? Could be? Why did he act so normal and uninterested to open the "tank"? Does he know what's inside already? If you have time and watch that episode and print what the french woman says it may shed some light.

My guess

Here is my guess:

They are all dead and in some kind of purgatory. The French woman is like the leader of purgatory (the devil or an angel) and the infected ones are in fact people who have seen the light/darkness and gone on to a "better" place or "worse" place.

They (the good ones or bad ones) kidnap the pregnant woman because she and/or her baby should not be there. If you remember she has a dream that the people in the forest are trying to steal her baby. I think they are just trying to get the baby out of there because it does not belong in purgatory.

I think Locke has been given the task of trying to guide these people on their way to their final destination good or bad.

I beleive this show is the battle between good and evil for the souls in purgatory.

That's quite an interested theory (purgatory). How are they paying for their sins? Isn't Purgatory (or the idea without getting into religion a whole lot) a place where you would purge your final sins. Usually the way you "pay back" by having the same reproduce in purgatory but against you. I am just trying to remember from Dante's Comedy "The Inferno". Man if this it I will cool since I have never seen a movie about Dante's book reproduce or an attempt to do it.

Not sure how they will do it.....

After last nights show here is my theory :

They are all dead and in some kind of purgatory. The French woman is either the leader of purgatory (the devil or an angel) and the infected ones are in fact people who have seen the light/darkness and gone on to a "better" place or "worse" place.

Or my second theory is that she is the "Locke person" of a previous "lost" purgatory bunch and maybe cannot get out of purgatory herself after leading her people to their final destination.

They (the good ones or bad ones) kidnap the pregnant woman because she and/or her baby should not be there. If you remember she has a dream that the people in the forest are trying to steal her baby. I think they are just trying to get the baby out of there because it does not belong in purgatory.

I think Locke has been given the task of trying to guide these people on their way to their final destination good or bad since he saw the beast in episode 2 or 3. If you think about it, I think he knows that he is dead because he is always looking out at the scenery and appreciating it.

I believe this show is the battle between good and evil for the souls in purgatory.

Sean Mota said:
Dvlos,

you have all the episodes recorded right? There is one episode that can reveal a lot of the stuff that happened last night. It is the episode of the French Woman and Sayid. There was something that the French Woman said to him in that episode. She said that she killed all her friends because they all got "infected" and to watch carefully each person. Watch that episode because I think she sets the set for what it is about to happen. I think somehow the "evil spirit" will infertrate the camp and will start "infecting" members of the camp. Has Locke being infected? Could be? Why did he act so normal and uninterested to open the "tank"? Does he know what's inside already? If you have time and watch that episode and print what the french woman says it may shed some light.

I have that episode, I'm sure they will do a follow up, she says that they are infected somehow, and she tells Sayid to look for them to start changing, that it will happen.

Unknown is if Locke is already changed OR, if what she means is like Ethan Rom zombie wierdo changed. I don't expect a religious/spiritual type reason for the island, I am leaning towards a sci-fi revelation, genetic experiments (why they need Claire's baby)? Aliens? Government conspiracy involving SD6 (So you can have the obligatory Sydney Bristow cross-over)? All this is some highly complex mind probe machine they are all connected too.. who knows.. I like the theory on purgatory I just don't think it fits.

The door. THe mysterious power cable leading from the Ocean to Rousseau's cabin. Incidentally the Others stole Danielle Rousseau's son, Alex. Possibly for experimentation of some sort. I might watch that episode again just to be sure although I'm sure Danielle Rousseau/Sayid/Locke have much more story to tell.

New 24 today!!! Will Behrooz pipe bome his mother? Will Jack turn into Rambo one more time and kill 45 terrorists all by himself (again)? Will Kim get kidnapped again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)